Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31 August 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 at 5pm.
Cash payment of up to $7000 per year
The maximum value of this scholarship is $21,000 - $28,000, depending on the duration of your course (3 or 4 years).
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic female student
- commencing in an undergraduate bachelor's degree at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2021
- enrolled full time with a Commonwealth supported place
- living in a Victorian rural or regional home location, or be relocating from a Victorian rural or regional home location.
- in receipt of a Centrelink means tested benefit or have a personal/family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- maintain a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 60
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about their study goals and what it means to receive the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.
About the donor
This scholarship is generously supported by the Helen Macpherson Smith Trust.