Applications for Trimester 2 2022 open 16 June 2022.
Applications for Trimester 2 2022 close 14 July 2022 at 5pm.
This scholarship offers a one-off cash payment of $2000.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a domestic student enrolled full time in an undergraduate degree at Deakin in Trimester 2 2022
- be enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place
- not already hold a bachelor degree
- be able to demonstrate one of the following:
- be from a low SES* background
- be from a regional or remote area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard – Remoteness Area (ASGS-RA)
- be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- not have received a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Student Support Scheme payment greater than $2000 in Trimester 1 2022
- not already have a current Deakin Scholarship greater than $2000 in 2022.
*Have a home addresses in the lowest quartile of the SEIFA Education and Occupation Index.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Other support services
Deakin offers a range of support services for students experiencing hardship. More information is available from Deakin Student Life.
Deakin also offers interest-free student loans to assist students with the costs associated with studying (conditions apply). For more information about our Financial Assistance options please visit our Current Students website.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.