Applications for Trimester 1 2022 open 18 November 2021.
Applications for Trimester 1 2022 close 24 January 2022 at 5pm.
Cash payments of up to $5000 over one year.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- enrolled full time at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2022 in one of the following courses
- Bachelor of Environmental Science (Environmental Management & Sustainability)
- Bachelor of Environmental Science (Marine Biology)
- Bachelor of Environmental Science (Wildlife and Conservation Biology)
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Zoology and Animal Science
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- be open to engaging with the donors to this fund.
No supporting documentation is required for this scholarship.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’ve applied to study at Deakin through VTAC and have completed a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you didn't complete a VTAC scholarship application, are applying directly to Deakin for a course or already have your 2022 course offer, you can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.