Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 19 December 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 5pm.
Cash payment up to $5000 per year for up to three years.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- commencing a bachelor's degree and enrolled full time at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2021
- from the first generation in your family to go to university
- located in rural or regional home location, or be relocating from a rural or regional location to attend university
- able to demonstrate financial hardship.
- maintain a pass grade on all enrolled units
- provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
As part of the application process, you are required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your Scholarship Application Portal account.