Applications for Trimester 1 2023 open 1 September 2022.
Applications for Trimester 1 2023 close 9 January 2023 at 5pm.
Scholarship offer rounds
Round 1: To be considered for these Round 1 scholarship offers you will need to submit your application and all supporting documentation by 9 January 2023 at 5pm.
We will be aiming for full allocation at this round.
Re-offer Round: To be considered for any remaining scholarships, not taken up in previous offer rounds, you will need to submit your application and all supporting documentation by 2 February 2023 at 5pm.
All scholarships will be offered within six weeks of the Re-offer round closing date.
This scholarship offers cash payments up to $7500 per year for four years.
The total maximum value of this scholarship is $30,000.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- commencing and enrolled full time in Trimester 1 2023 at Deakin University in one of the following courses:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours)
- be experiencing an area of hardship.
Preference will be given to an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person or a female student.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- provide a completion statement at the conclusion of your studies
- be prepared to attend a meet and greet with the donor
- not intermit your scholarship
- not hold more than one scholarship concurrently.
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of your financial hardship (if applicable)
- evidence of your medical condition (if applicable)
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’ve applied to study at Deakin through VTAC and have completed a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you didn't complete a VTAC scholarship application, are applying directly to Deakin for a course or already have your 2023 course offer, you can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
When applying direct to Deakin for this scholarship, select the 'Undergraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2023' option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
We will commence offering scholarships progressively from mid-January 2023. To give your application the best chance possible of being considered in all offer rounds, you should submit your application and supporting documentation by 9 January 2022 at 5pm.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated in your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted. You'll find out if you are successful usually within six weeks of the Re-offer round closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.