The Deakin Law School Building (LC)
Deakin University is investing in a new multi-level building in the Elgar Road Precinct at our Melbourne Burwood Campus.
It will be constructed over the next three years and will feature:
- 4 levels of learning spaces
- 2 levels of staff workplace for Deakin Research and Deakin Law School
- 2 levels of student support and health and wellbeing services
- Basement car parking.
The new building will be positioned between the Burwood Link pedestrian bridge and buildings MA and MB. See Campus Map here.
+61 3 9244 6353
Flexible, collaborative spaces for staff and students
This project will deliver exemplary active learning and teaching spaces, consolidated student support services and staff office accommodation.
The new building will:
- Feature 27 active learning spaces over four levels connected by a central core
- Include informal learning areas distributed throughout the building to facilitate collaboration and social learning
- Offer a consolidated range of relevant student support services such as Health & Wellbeing Centre, Fitness Centre, outdoor recreation spaces, food and retail experiences, a DUSA presence and more
- Provide agile workplace accommodation for Deakin Research and Deakin Law School
- Provide a welcoming building with community interface opportunities and connectivity across the precinct and campus, including a pedestrian link to Car Park 12
- Be designed to be flexible, interactive and adaptable to a range of different futures, and a designated safe and accessible 24/7 location
- Showcase innovative design with a focus on environmental sustainable development initiatives including rainwater harvesting and use, glare control systems, activity and fitness spaces, and a fully accessible connection to end–of-trip facilities.
- Be supported with basement level car parks, with additional parking available in nearby Car Park 12.
The building design will be sympathetic to the land contours of the site. It will feature extensive, clever landscaping to integrate it into the precinct and maximise outdoor spaces for social and recreational activities.
Site preparation works will commence in late-October 2017 prior to construction starting. It is expected that the new Deakin Law School Building (Building LC) will be operational for Trimester 2, 2020.