Dr Asim Bhatti
+61 3 522 72548
Dr Bhatti has been involved in the fundamental research focusing on different areas of Computer vision and signal/image processing from concept to algorithm development. In addition Dr. Bhatti has been involved with research and development within the fields of haptics, Virtual and Augmented Reality in macro and nano-worlds. Particularly interesting is the R&D project involving the use of haptics technology and atomic force microscope to develop an intuitive nano-manipulation tool for researchers.
- PhD, Computer Vision (Deakin University, Australia - 2005)
- MS, Signal/Image Processing (Eastern Mediterranean University, Turkey - 2001)
- BS, Electronics Engineering (Eastern Mediterranean University, Turkey - 1999)
Relevant employment history:
- 2005- Present: Academic Researcher, CISR (ITRI), Deakin University
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- Asim Bhatti, Saeid Nahavandi, Depth Estimation using Multi-Wavelet Analysis based Stereo Vision Approach, book chapter p: 27-48, Stereo Vision, I-Tech Education and Publishing, 2008
- A. Bhatti, S. Nahavandi, Depth Estimation of Metallic Objects using Multiwavelets scale-space representation, Journal of Current Development in Theory and Application of Wavelets, 2(2), 175-207, 2008
- A. Bhatti, S. Nahavandi, Stereo Correspondence Estimation using Multiwavelets Scale-Space Representation based Multiresolution Analysis, Journal of Cybernetic and Systems, 39(6), P: 641-665, 2008
- Asim Bhatti, Saeid Nahavandi, Depth Estimation using Multi-Wavelet Analysis based Stereo Vision Approach, I. J. Wavelets, Multiresolution and Information Processing, 6(3), P: 481:497, 2008
- Asim Bhatti, Saeid Nahavandi, Yakov Frayman: 3D depth estimation for visual inspection using wavelet transform modulus maxima, Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering, 33(1), P: 48-57,2007
- Asim Bhatti et al, Haptically enabled interactive virtual reality prototype for general assembly, WAC2008
- Bhatti, A., Nahavandi, S. Depth Estimation using Multi-Wavelets Analysis based Stereo Vision approach, Wavelet Analysis and Pattern Recognition, ICWAPR07, v 4, P: 1471-1476, 2007.
- Asim Bhatti, Saeid Nahavandi: Stereo Image Matching Using Wavelet Scale-Space representation, CGIV2006, p: 267-272, 2006
- A. Bhatti, S. Nahavandi, Accurate 3D modelling for automated inspection: A stereo vision approach, IPROMS, Elsevier Science Journals, 2005.
- Asim Bhatti, Saeid Nahavandi, A Multi-Wavelet based Technique for Calculating Dense 2D Disparity Maps from Stereo, World Automation Congress (WAC), 2004
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Asim Bhatti
Select another contact