Dr Mohammed Hossny
Research Fellow in Modelling and Haptics
+61 3 522 72600
+61 3 522 71046
Dr. Hossny's research interests focus on multimedia processing and production, including image processing, computer graphics and haptics. Dr. Hossny worked with IBM Center of Advanced Studies on deriving implicit functions to represent digital images. Later, he developed an algebraic framework for multimodal image fusion. Dr. Hossny is now working on fusing the three modalities of image processing, computer graphics and haptics into an augmented reality context in order to facilitate safe, low cost solutions for application domains such as work place safety and medical radiology.
- PhD, Computer Engineering (Deakin University, Australia - 2009)
- MSc, Computer Science (Cairo University, Egypt - 2004)
- BSc, Computer Science (Cairo University, Egypt - 2000)
Relevant employment history:
- 2008 - present: Academic Researcher, CISR, Deakin University, Australia
- 2001 - 2005: Research Programmer, IBM Centre of Advanced Studies, Cairo, Egypt
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- 1) Hossny, M.; Creighton, D.; Nahavandi, S.; "Measuring The Capacity of Image Fusion", IEEE International Conference on Image Processing Theory, Tools, and Applications, In Press, 2012.
- 2) Hossny, M.; Creighton, D.; Nahavandi, S.; "An Evaluation Mechanism for Saliency Functions Used in Localized Image Fusion Quality Metrics," IEEE Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation, pp. 407- 415, 2012.
- 3) Wei, L.; Li, V.; Abdulrahman, W.; Hossny, M.; Creighton, D.; Nahavandi, S.; "Crowd Control Intuitive Interaction via Kinect," Asia Pacific Simulation Technology and Training Conference, 2012.
- 4) Hossny, M.; Nahavandi, S.; Creighton, D. and Bhatti, A.; "Image fusion performance metric based on mutual information and entropy driven quadtree decomposition," Electronics Letters, vol. 46, no. 18, pp. 1266-1268, 2010.
- 5) Hossny, M.; Nahavandi, S.; Creighton, D. and Bhatti, A.; "Towards Autonomous Image Fusion," International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, pp. 1748- 1754, 2010.
- 6) Bhatti, A.; Nahavandi, S. and Hossny, M.; "Wavelets/Multiwavelets Bases and Correspondence Estimation Problem: An Analytic Study," International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, pp. 1725-1730, 2010.
- 7) Hossny, M.; Nahavandi, S. and Bhatti, A.; "Autonomous Data Fusion for Enhanced Situational Awareness," Joint Strike Fighter Conference, 2010.
- 8) Hossny, M. and Nahavandi, S.; "Image Fusion Algorithms and Metric Duality," IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 2193-2196, 2009.
- 9) Hossny, M.; Nahavandi, S. and Creighton, D.; "Zero and Infinity Images in Multiscale Image Fusion," IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 2181-2184, 2009.
- 10) Hossny, M.; Nahavandi, S. and Creighton, D.; "Comments on 'Information measure for performance of image fusion'," Electronics Letters, vol. 44, no. 28, pp. 1066-1067, 2008.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Mohammed Hossny
Select another contact