Dr Vu Le
Research Fellow in Mod. & Sim
+61 3 522 72649
Vu Thanh Le is a researcher with the Centre for Intelligent Systems Research Lab at Deakin University. He is currently employed as a research fellow and responsible for process modelling and simulation data analysis. His primary areas of research include material handling network simulation, industrial-based system modelling, performance optimisation and discrete event simulation methodologies. He is also interested in novel human machine interfaces, including motion tracking and haptics.
Vu has broad experience in discrete event modelling, software development, automation and database systems. He has worked on numerous research projects in the fields of airport checkpoint security, baggage systems, air cargo security system simulations, scheduling and allocation of cargos items to unit loading decks container and to flights to meet schedules, pallet allocation and optimisation in warehousing operations, scheduling and medium term planning in manufacturing environments.
- PhD, Complex Conveyor Networks Analysis (Deakin University, Australia - 2008)
- M.Eng., MRP - Production Planning (Deakin University, Australia - 2004)
- B.Eng., Mechanical Engineering (1st Class Honours) (RMIT, Australia - 1998)
Relevant employment history:
- 2008 - present: Research Fellow in Modelling and Simulation, CISR/Deakin University
- 2005 - 2008: PhD Researcher, CISR/Deakin University
- 2004 - 2007: Deneb Australasia (Client Support and Application Development)
- 2002 - 2004: IXL Australia (Master Engineering Research)
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- V. T. Le, J. Zhang, M. Johnstone, S. Nahavandi and D. Creighton, "A generalised data analysis approach for baggage handling systems simulation," in IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, 7 pages, 14-17 Oct, Seoul, Korea, 2012 , (accepted).
- J. Zhang, V. Le, M. Johnstone, S. Nahavandi, and D. Creighton, "Discrete event simulation enabled high level emulation of a distribution centre," in 14th International Conference on Computer Modelling and Simulation (UKSim), 28-30 Mar, Cambridge UK, 2012.
- S. Nahavandi, V. Le, M. Johnstone, J. Zhang, and D. Creighton, "Simulation-based knowledge management in airport operations," in 5th International Conference on Integrated Systems Design and Technology, 12-15 May, Mallorca, Spain, 2012.
- L. Wei, V. Le, W. Abdelrahman, M. Hossny, D. Creighton, and S. Nahavandi, "Kinect Crowd Interaction," in SimTect 2012 Conference, 18-21 Jun, Adelaide, Australia, 2012.
- M. Nasir, M. G. Watson, V. Le, S. Nahavandi and D. Creighton, "Fuzzy prediction of pedestrian steering behavior with local environmental effects," (accepted) in 6th International Conference on Pedestrian and Evacuation Dynamics, 6-8 Jun, Zurich, Switzerland, 2012.
- V. T. Le, S. Nahavandi, D. Creighton, "A haptic training environment for the heart myoblast cell injection procedure," in 11th International IEEE Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, IEEE pp. 448-452, 7-19 Dec, Singapore , 2010.
- M. Johnstone, V. T. Le, D. Creighton and S. Nahavandi, "A dynamic architecture for increased passenger queue model fidelity," in Proceedings of the 2009 Winter Simulation Conference, 13-16 Dec, Austin, Texas, USA, 2009.
- S. Nahavandi, D. Creighton, M. Johnstone, and V. Le, "Airport Operations: A System-of-systems Approach," in Mo Jamshidi (ed.), System of Systems Engineering, pp. 403-419, CRC Press, 2009.
- V. T. Le, D. Creighton and S. Nahavandi, "Steady-state estimation - a simple decomposition technique," in ITRI Conference, Geelong, Australia, 2009.
- V. T. Le, D. Creighton and S. Nahavandi, "Simulation-based input loading condition optimisation of airport baggage handling systems," in 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 574-579, 30 Sep - 3 Oct, Seattle, Washington , 2007.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Vu Le
Select another contact