Dr Samer Hanoun
Research Fellow in Mod. & Sim
+61 3 522 72928
+61 3 5227 1046
Dr. Hanoun is an Early Career Researcher working in the field of modelling, simulation, optimisation and scheduling. Dr. Hanoun is experienced in modelling and simulation of discrete event systems and applications. He has a solid knowledge in multi-agent theory and agent-based systems.
Dr. Hanoun is currently engaged in the identification and assessment of technical solutions capable of enhancing scheduling in the joinery manufacturing domain. His research focuses on defining models and heuristics to enable a production planner to take advantage of automated tools for manufacturing. Also, he is investigating solutions for multi-criteria scheduling and their impact of the quality of the solutions produced.
Previously, he has studied simulation of wireless sensor networks and the application of mobile elements for handling the data collection operation. He is also interested in the development of middleware for enabling autonomy on human tele-operated robotic platforms.
- PhD (Deakin University, Australia - 2009)
- M.Eng. (Arab Academy for Science & Technology, Egypt - 2000)
- B.Eng (Arab Academy for Science & Technology, Egypt - 1996)
Relevant employment history:
- 2008 - present: Research Fellow, Centre for Intelligent Systems Research, Deakin University
- 2000 - 2006: Assistant Lecturer, Arab Academy for Science & Technology
- 1996 - 2000: Teaching Assistant, Arab Academy for Science & Technology
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- Hanoun, S., Creighton, D., Nahavandi, S. and Kull, H., "Solving a Multiobjective Job Shop Scheduling Problem using Pareto Archived Cuckoo Search", 17th IEEE International Conference on Emerging technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA), Krakow Poland, 17-21 Sept 2012 (Accepted).
- Hanoun, S., Nahavandi, S., and Kull, H., "Pareto Archived Simulated Annealing for Single Machine Job Shop Scheduling with Multiple Objectives", The Sixth International Multi-Conference on Computing in the Global Information Technology, ICCGI 2011, Luxembourg, June 19-24, 2011.
- Hanoun, S., and Nahavandi, S., "A Simple Motion Heuristic for Controlling Mobile Sinks in Delay Tolerant Sensor Networks", IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Automation Engineering, CSAE 2011, China, June 10-12, 2011.
- Hanoun, S., and Nahavandi, S., "Intelligent-based Mobility Models for Data Management in Wireless Sensor Networks", Intelligent Systems for Knowledge Management, Series: Studies in Computational Intelligence, Vol. 252, Nguyen, Ngoc Thanh; Szczerbicki, Edward (Eds.), 2010, ISBN 978-3-642-04169?3.
- Hanoun, S., and Nahavandi, S., "Effective Heuristics for Route Construction of Mobile Data Collectors," Mobile Robots State of the Art in Land, Sea, Air, and Collaborative Missions, 2009, ISBN 978-3-902613-39-4.
- Hanoun, S., and Nahavandi, S., "Dynamic Route Construction for Mobile Collectors in Wireless Sensor Networks," Intelligent Robotics and Applications, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, vol. 5314/2008, pp. 824-833, October 2008.
- Hanoun, S., and Nahavandi, S., "A Practical Framework for Data Collection in Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE International Conference on System of Systems Engineering, Monterey, California, USA, June 2008.
- Hanoun, S., Creighton, D., and Nahavandi, S., "Decentralized Mobility Models for Data Collection in Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA08), Pasadena, CA, pp. 1030-1035, May 2008.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Samer Hanoun
Select another contact