Dr Shady Mohamed
Research Fellow Haptics/Aug Reality
+61 3 522 72599
- EEG data analysis and noise removal
- Classical control theory
- Haptics technology
- Robotics control
- Digital signal processing, image processing and speech processing.
- PhD Centre for Intelligent Systems Research, Deakin University, Australia. 2008.
- MSc Information Technology, Cairo University, Egypt. 2003.
- BSc Information Technology, Cairo University, Egypt. 2000.
Relevant employment history:
- 2008 - Present: Research Fellow Centre for Intelligent Systems Research, Deakin
- 2006 - 2008: PhD Researcher Intelligent Systems Research.
- 2000 - 2006: Teaching Assistance, Cairo University, Egypt.
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- Shady Mohamed and Saeid Nahavandi, "Robust Finite-horizon Kalman Filtering for Uncertain Discrete-Time Systems with Uncertain Observations", IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 57(6):1548-1552, June 2012.
- Imali Hettiarachchi, Shady Mohamed and Saeid Nahavandi, "Identification of Nonlinear fMRI Models Using Auxiliary Particle Filter and Kernel Smoothing Method" EMBC 2012: Proceedings of the 34th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society.
- Imali Hettiarachchi, Shady Mohamed, and Saeid Nahavandi, "A Marginalised Markov Chain Monte Carlo Approach for Model Based Analysis of EEG Data", ISBI 2012 : Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, Barcelona, Spain, 2-5 May 2012.
- Imali Hettiarachchi, Shady Mohamed, and Saeid Nahavandi, "Parameter Estimation of the BOLD fMRI model within a general Particle Filter framework", ISMRM 2012 : Proceedings of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 20th Annual meeting and Exhibition "Adapting MR in a Changing World", Melbourne, Australia, 5-11 May 2012.
- Shady Mohamed, "Robust Multi-sensor Data fusion", Ph.D. thesis, Institute for Technology Research and Innovation and Centre for Intelligent Systems Research, Deakin University, March 2009.
- Shady Mohamed and Saeid Nahavandi, "Optimal Linear Data Fusion for Systems with Missing Measurements", Proc. 2nd IFAC International Conference on Intelligent Control and Signal Processing, International Federation of Automatic Control, Laxenburg, Austria, pp. 1-4, 2009.
- Shady Mohamed and Saeid Nahavandi, "Robust Filtering for Uncertain Discrete-Time Systems with Uncertain Noise Covariance and Uncertain Observations.", Proc. Conference on Industrial Informatics, Daejeon, South Korea, pp. 667-672, 2008.
- Shady Mohamed and Saeid Nahavandi. "Optimal Multi-sensor Data Fusion for Linear Systems with Missing Measurements." Proc. IEEE International Conference on System of Systems Engineering, pp. 1-4, June 2008.
Select another contact