Dr Wael Abdelrahman
Research Fellow in Modelling and Simulation
+61 3 522 72388
web page: http://www.deakin.edu.au/research/cisr/
- Computer haptics
- Virtual reality
- Computer graphics
- Soft computing optimisation
- Modelling and simulation
- PhD, Computer Engineering (Deakin University, Australia - 2012)
- M.Sc., Computer Science (Cairo University, Egypt - 2008)
- B.Sc., Computer Science (Cairo University, Egypt - 2004)
Relevant employment history:
- 2011 - Present: Research Fellow, Center for Intelligent Systems Research, Deakin University
- 2008 - 2011: PhD, Deakin University
- 2005 - 2007: Software Engineer, IBM
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- W. Abdelrahman, S. Farag, S. Nahavandi, and D. Creighton, "Data-based dynamic haptic interaction model with deformable 3d objects" in Industrial Informatics, 2009. INDIN 2010. 8th IEEE International Conference on, pp. 314-318, July 2010.
- W. Abdelrahman, S. Farag, S. Nahavandi, and D. Creighton; Simon, R. & Akihiko, S. (ed.)"Adaptive Automatic Deformation Basis Generation for Haptic Interaction with Physically Deformable Models" in Proceedings of Virtual Reality International Conference (VRIC 2010), 2010, 1-7.
- W. Abdelrahman, and S. Farag,"Automated 3D mesh segmentation using 2D footprints" ACM SIGGRAPH 2010 Posters, ACM, 2010, 1-1.
- W. Abdelrahman, S. Nahavandi, D. Creighton, and M. Harders, "Data-driven computation of contact dynamics during two-point manipulation of deformable objects" in Proc. of the ASME 2011 World Conference on Innovative Virtual Reality, WINVR, (Milan, Italy), June 2011.
- S. Farag, W. Abdelrahman, S. Nahavandi, and D. Creighton, "Physically Based Simulation of Heterogeneous Deformable Models Using XFEM" in Industrial Informatics, 2011. INDIN 2011. 9th IEEE International Conference on, pp. 233-237, July 2011.
- W. Abdelrahman, S. Farag, S. Nahavandi, and D. Creighton, "A comparative study of supervised learning techniques for data-driven haptic simulation" in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (IEEE SMC), Anchorage, Alaska, 2011.
- L. Wei, W. Abdelrahman, J. Mullins, M. Hossny, M. Fielding, and S. Nahavandi, "Haptic Interface to DI-Guy" SimTect 2012 Conference, Adelaide, Australia, 2012.
- L. Wei, V. Le, W. Abdelrahman, M. Hossny, D. Creighton, and S. Nahavandi "Kinect Crowd Interaction", SimTect 2012 Conference, Adelaide, Australia, 2012.
- W. Abdelrahman, L. Wei, J. Mullins, and S. Nahavandi, "Wireless haptic rendering for mobile platforms" in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (IEEE SMC), COEX, Seoul, Korea, 2012 (Accepted to appear).
- L. Wei, Z. Najdovski, and W. Abdelrahman, " Augmented Optometry Training Simulator with Multi-point Haptics" in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (IEEE SMC), COEX, Seoul, Korea, 2012 (Accepted to appear).
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Wael Abdelrahman
Mr Abdelrahman is a postdoc research fellow in the area of modelling and simulation. He is actively contributing to research projects in process modelling, haptic simulation, biomechanics, biometrics, security, and human computer interaction. Mr Wael received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. (Top of his class) from Cairo University, Egypt. He has experience in multinational enterprises such as IBM. Mr Wael was a visiting scholar to ETH University, Switzerland in 2011.
Select another contact