Dr Hamid Abdi
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Human Performance and Haptics
+61 3 522 72188
+61 3 5227 1046
- Fault tolerant systems
- Control and Robotics
- Energy systems
Dr Hamid Abdi is a postdoctoral researcher in control and robotics. His research focus is on kinematics and fault tolerant analysis, trajectory and motion planning, dexterity optimisation, and control of robots. He also is interested in energy systems with a focus of micro harvesters and energy efficiency. He is actively involved in several doctoral projects including robotic system design and programming, modelling, simulation, and optimisation.
Dr Abdi has practical and teaching experience in applied control and industrial networks such as distributed control systems (DCS) and fieldbuses. He received BSc and MSc in control engineering from the Sharif University of Technology and PhD from Deakin University. He spent eight years as a lecturer at Iran University of Science and Technology from 2000-2008 and worked part-time with oil and gas industry as a senior researcher.
Hamid was a visiting scholar in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of Colorado State University, USA in 2010-2011 and continues the joint research as associate member of Colorado State University.
- 2012 PhD, Robotics and Control Engineering, Deakin University
- 2000 Master of Science, Control Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran
- 1998 Bachelor of Science, Control Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran
Relevant employment history:
- 2011 - Present: Post-doctoral research fellow, Centre for Intelligent Systems Research, Deakin University, Australia
- 2008 - 2011: Casual Academic, School of Engineering, Deakin University, Australia
- 2000 - 2008: Academic member and lecturer, Iran University of Science and Technology, Iran
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- H. Abdi, A. A. Maciejewski, and S. Nahavandi, "Reliability Maps and Probabilistic Guarantee of Task Motion for Robotic Manipulators," Advanced Robotics, vol. 27, Iss. 2, pages 81-92, February 2013.
- H. Abdi, S. Nahavandi, Y. Frayman, and A. A. Maciejewski, "Optimal mapping of joint faults into healthy joint velocity space for fault tolerant redundant manipulators," Robotica, vol. 30, Iss. 4, 2012, pp. 635-648.
- H. Abdi, S. Nahavandi, Z. Najdovski, and A. A. Maciejewski, "Fault Tolerant Force in Human-Robot Cooperation," International Journal of Social Robotics, vol. 5, Iss. 1, pp 103-116, January 2013.
- H. Abdi and S. Nahavandi, "Well-conditioned configurations of fault-tolerant manipulators," Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 60, Iss. 2, pp. 242-251, 2012.
- H. Abdi, S. Nahavandi, and A. A. Maciejewski, "Optimal fault tolerant Jacobian matrix generators for redundant manipulators", Proceeding of the International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Shanghai, China, pp. 4688-4693, 2011.
- H. Abdi and S. Nahavandi, "Minimum reconfiguration for fault tolerant manipulators", Proceeding of the 34th Annual Mechanisms and Robotics Conference, Parts A and B, ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE), Montreal, Quebec, Canada, pp. 1345- 1350, 2010.
- H. Abdi and S. Nahavandi, "Designing optimal fault tolerant Jacobian for robotic manipulators," Proceeding of the IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, Montreal, Canada, pp. 426-431, 2010.
- H. Abdi, S. Nahavandi, Z. Najdovski, and Y. Frayman, "Multiple actuator fault tolerance for static nonlinear systems based on minimum velocity jump", the International Federation of Automatic Control World Congress, Milano, Italy, pp. 4690-4695, 2011.
- H. Abdi, A. A. Maciejewski, and S. Nahavandi, "A Probabilistic approach for measuring the fault tolerance of robotic manipulators", IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Karlsruhe, Germany, pp. 1-6, 2013.
- H. Abdi, V. Le, and S. Nahavandi, "Integration of Resident's Energy Costs in Short Stay Accommodation Billing System ", the IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference, Washington, USA, pp. 1-6, 2013.
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Hamid Abdi
Select another contact