Dr Lei Wei
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Human Performance and Haptics
+61 3 522 7 2351
- 3 DOF and 6 DOF visuo-haptic rendering
- Networked haptic interaction
- Haptic collision detection
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- Function-based and Physics-based shape modelling
- Web Visualization
- Haptically-enabled optometry simulation
- Haptics and Kinect integration into DI-Guy and other commercial & military systems
Dr Lei Wei has six years of research experience in the field of haptic rendering, interaction and collaboration. He is also interested in collision detection, human-computer interaction, function-based and physics-based modelling as well as web visualisation.
Dr Lei Wei received his B.Eng. in Computer Science from Tianjin University (Pei Yang University) in 2006. From 2006 to 2010 he was a Ph.D student in School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He started working as a Research Associate in NTU in August 2010 and he received his PhD in July 2011. He is currently a Postdoctoral Research Fellow of the Centre for Intelligent Systems Research (CISR) at Deakin University in Australia.
A list of the ten most significant relevant publications for the last five years:
- Lei Wei, Alexei Sourin, "Function-based Approach to Mixed Haptic Effects Rendering", The Visual Computer, Springer, 27(4): 321-332, DOI: 10.1007/s00371-011-0548-0, 2011.
- Alexei Sourin, Lei Wei, "Visual Immersive Haptic Mathematics", Virtual Reality, Springer, DOI 10.1007/s10055-009-0133-2, 2009. pp 221-234.
- Alexei Sourin, Olga Sourina, Lei Wei, Paul Gagnon, "Visual Immersive Haptic Mathematics in Shared Virtual Spaces", Transactions on Computational Science III, LNCS5300, Springer, LNCS Volume 5300/2009, 2009. pp 1-19.
- Lei Wei, Alexei Sourin, Zoran Najdovski, Saeid Nahavandi, “Function-based Single and Dual Point Haptic Interaction in Cyberworlds”, Accepted for publication in Transactions on Computational Science, Springer, 2012.
- Lei Wei, Alexei Sourin, Olga Sourina, "Function-based Visualization and Haptic Rendering in Shared Virtual Spaces", The Visual Computer, Springer, 24(10):871-880, 2008. pp 871-880.
- Lei Wei, Alexei Sourin, Herbert Stocker, "A Framework for Visual and Haptic Collaboration in Shared Virtual Spaces", in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Visual Computing in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, November 29th - December 1st
- Lei Wei, Alexei Sourin, "Haptic Rendering of Mixed Haptic Effects", in Proceedings of 2010 International Conference on Cyberworlds, Singapore, 20-22 Oct, 2010.
- Lei Wei, Alexei Sourin, Herbert Stocker, "Collaboration in 3D Shared Spaces using X3D and VRML", in Proceedings of 2009 International Conference on Cyberworlds, Bradford, 7-11 Sept, 2009. pp. 36-42.
- Lei Wei, Alexei Sourin, Herbert Stocker, "Function-based haptic collaboration in X3D", in Proceedings of Web3D 2009, 16-17 June, Darmstadt, Germany, 2009. pp. 15-23.
- Lei Wei, Alexei Sourin, Olga Sourina, "Function-based haptic interaction in Cyberworlds" ,in Proceedings of 2007 International Conference on Cyberworlds, 2007, Hannover, Germany. pp. 225-232
University recorded publications
Researcher output profile for Dr Lei Wei
Select another contact