Early Career Fellowships
National Health and Medical Research Council
Submit your nomination form|
Faculty of Health
Other Faculties and IFM
|M||08 Nov 2017|
Email Deakin Research Grants
|Applications open in RGMS||10 Jan 2018|
|Final application in RGMS and Deakin certification form||M||
31 Jan 2018|
Email snapshot reports, all uploaded documents and Deakin certification form to Deakin NHMRC Submissions
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
The purpose of NHMRC Early Career Fellowships is to provide opportunities for Australian researchers to undertake research that is both of major importance in its field and of benefit to Australian health.
A major objective of the scheme is to foster career development at the postdoctoral level by encouraging the beneficial experience of a different research environment.
Early Career Fellowships provide for advanced training in health and medical research either in Australia or overseas (where appropriate), to enable Fellows to work on research projects with nominated advisers.
Awards are offered to a limited number of persons of outstanding ability who wish to make research a significant component of their career.
How to apply
- Liaise with your SRC/faculty/institute.
- For Faculty of Health, submit a completed nomination form as per instructions on Fac Health Nomination Form.
- For other Faculties and IFM, submit a completed Other Faculties and IFM Nomination Form to your ADR/IFM Director by 1 Nov 2017. The Faculty/IFM will forward approved nomination forms to email@example.com by 8 Nov 2017.
- Read the Funding Rules and Instructions to Applicants.
- Commence your online application on RGMS.
- Work with your case manager.
- Organise relevant Deakin certification form.
- NHMRC Early Career Fellowships webpage
- NHMRC Funding Rules and Early Career Fellowship-specific Funding Rules
- NHMRC Advice and Instructions to applicants and Early Career Fellowship-specific Advice and Instructions to applicants
- Guide to Peer Review and Early Career Fellowship-specific Guide to Peer review
- RGMS Access and Information
NHMRC application templates
- Grant Proposal Template - Applicants must use this NHMRC template to complete their Grant Proposal.
- Early Career Fellowships Supervisor Report - with RGMS profile
- Early Career Fellowships Supervisor Report - no RGMS profile
- RGMS Offline Application form Part A
- RGMS Offline Application form Part B
- CV - please complete/update your profile and CV online via RGMS