MIS775 - Decision Modelling for Business Analytics
2023 unit information
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
|Previously coded as:||Nil|
Available to students enrolled in Master's level courses only
Students will on average spend 150 hours over the teaching period undertaking the teaching, learning and assessment activities for this unit.
|Scheduled learning activities - campus||
1 x 2 hour class, 1 x 1 hour computer lab per week
|Scheduled learning activities - cloud (online)||
11 x 2 hour class (recordings provided) + 1 hour online seminar/workshop
This unit aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to build complex decision models and use advanced quantitative modelling techniques to analyse and develop solutions to business problems.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
1. Conceptualise, formulate and represent a business problem as a decision model
2. Develop business decision models using software tools
3. Use decision modelling techniques such as optimisation, stochastic modelling and risk analysis
4. Develop and evaluate the utility of alternative solutions
5. Carry out sensitivity analysis
6. Develop an overview of advanced modelling techniques and approaches in Business Analytics.
Hurdle requirements: Achieve at least 50% of the marks available on the examination to evidence a minimum proficiency in the aligned discipline learning outcomes included in this unit.
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: