Higher degree by research (PhD) opportunities
IISRI will support high performing graduates in furthering their research careers in various areas of intelligent systems research. We are currently seeking high quality PhD candidates in a number of areas, including:
- control systems
- autonomous systems
- modelling and simulation
- decision making
- human performance analysis
- signal processing
- brain computer interface
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Potential candidates are requested to email their research proposal together with their CV and a copy of their academic transcripts for consideration to IISRI HDR recruitment.
We are offering a number of scholarships for prospective PhD students through the Higher Degrees by Research program. All applications will go through rigorous assessment and shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
Successful applicants will have their university tuition fees waived, and will receive a stipend and medical insurance for three years.
IISRI will also consider self-funded PhD applicants.
- Graduate of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Bioelectric and Biomechanic Engineering or similar disciplines.
- Expected to have completed a four year undergraduate degree and a research thesis.
- Having a high distinction GPA, first-class honours, scientific research experience and peer reviewed publication are advantageous.
A strong background in one or more of the following subjects is beneficial:
- mechatronics, robotics, and haptics
- dynamical systems and control theory
- mechanism design and analysis
- computational intelligence
- decision making and optimization
- signal and image processing
- software and embedded systems
- probability and stochastic
- microelectronics and MEMS
- information theory and data communication
- biomechanics and bioelectric.
International applicants should provide minimum IELTS 6.5 (with no band under 6) or minimum TOEFL iBT 70 with minimum writing 21. The certificate of English language needs to be provided before commencing the course.
Final year student projects
IISRI offers projects in line with current commercial and strategic research objectives, consistently resulting in award-winning projects. Our team has years of supervising experience and is ready to work with you to define a suitable research project.
To ensure students get consistently great supervision, IISRI strictly limits the number of final year engineering students accepted each year.
For all final-year project enquiries, please contact Dr Mick Fielding on +61 3 5227 2807 or via email.
In your correspondence, please include:
- the project(s) you are interested in
- your degree and major (e.g. mechatronics and robotics, medical technology, sports technology etc.)
- any specific technical or administrative skills you would like to develop (e.g. project management, CAD, simulation, scientific testing methods, report writing etc.)
- details of areas you enjoy and excel at
- images or reports from past projects, if applicable.
We are always interested in hearing from motivated, talented and experienced people so please email your CV to Professor Saeid Nahavandi or Professor Douglas Creighton.
There are currently no advertised post-doctoral positions open. However, we are always interested in hearing from motivated, talented and experienced people so please email your CV to Professor Saeid Nahavandi or Professor Douglas Creighton.
We have a number of fascinating research projects and degrees across all streams of ISRII currently in the pipeline. If you would like to be a part of one of these projects, please get in touch.
+61 3 5227 1352
Institute for Intelligent Systems Research and Innovation (IISRI)
Waurn Ponds, Victoria 3216