Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31 August 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 at 5pm.
Cash payment up to $7500 per year for three or four years depending on normal course duration.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a domestic student
- be a commencing student enrolled full time in Trimester 1 2021 in an undergraduate bachelor’s degree at Deakin University
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a yearly report detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies
- maintain a pass grade on all enrolled subjects.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the final application closing date. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.