Applications for Trimester 1 2022 open 6 September 2021.
Applications for Trimester 1 2022 close 24 January 2022 5pm.
Cash payment up to $10,000 per year for up to three years.
To be eligible you must be:
- a female domestic student
- commencing an undergraduate bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2022 at either the Geelong Waurn Ponds or Waterfront Campus
- enrolled full-time in one of the following disciplines/majors:
- Politics and policy studies
- Media Studies
- a resident of the City of Greater Geelong (per council boundaries)
- experiencing an area of hardship that impacts your ability to study.
Preference will be given to a student that successfully completed their VCE in City of Greater Geelong.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- maintain a satisfactory academic record for the duration of their scholarship, with a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60
- provide a yearly statement highlighting the impact receiving this support has had on them personally and on their studies during the year
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of your financial hardship (if applicable)
- evidence of your medical condition (if applicable).
Learn more about supporting documents
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’ve applied to study at Deakin through VTAC and have completed a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you didn't complete a VTAC scholarship application, are applying directly to Deakin for a course or already have your 2022 course offer, you can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.