Applications for Trimester 1 2023 open 1 September 2022.
Applications for Trimester 1 2023 close 31 January 2023 at 5pm.
Payment of $625 per credit point plus an academic mentor. Payments can be made as cash or towards student contributions (tuition fees) - the choice is yours.
This scholarship is available for the normal course duration.
To be eligible you must:
- be female
- an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2023
- be enrolled full-time in a Commonwealth Supported Place in one of the following courses:
- Bachelor of Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours)
- be enrolled at Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waterfront, Geelong Waurn Ponds or Online
- Year 12 applicants - minimum ATAR of 70 (including published subject or Special Equity and Access Scheme adjustments) and satisfactory completion of the published course specific requirements
- Consideration will be given for non-Year 12 applicants based on academic merit (in previous Year 12 results and/or GPA for post-secondary studies deemed at or above the equivalent of a 70 ATAR).
As a successful recipient of this scholarship, you are expected to maintain a weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 65 during your studies.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
Following the application period detailed above this scholarship will again be available for offer in:
- Trimester/Semester 1 2024 (early-September 2023 to early-January 2024)
Application dates provided are indicative only. Please check closer to the application period for specific opening and closing dates.