Applications for Trimester/Semester 1 2024 open 15 September 2023.
Applications for Trimester 1 2024 close 9 January 2024 at 5pm.
Scholarship offer rounds
Early Round: To be considered for these early round scholarship offers you will need to submit your application and all supporting documentation by 5 December 2023 at 5pm.
Round 1: To be considered for these Round 1 scholarship offers you will need to submit your application and all supporting documentation by 9 January 2024 at 5pm.
We will be aiming for full allocation at this round.
Re-offer Round: To be considered for any remaining scholarships, not taken up in previous offer rounds, you will need to submit your application and all supporting documentation by 31 January 2024 at 5pm.
All scholarships will be offered within six weeks of the Re-offer round closing date.
Payment of $625 per credit point plus an academic mentor. Payments can be made as cash or towards student contributions (tuition fees) - the choice is yours.
This scholarship is available for the normal course duration.
To be eligible you must:
- be female
- an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in your first year of your bachelor degree in Trimester 1 2024
- be enrolled full-time in a Commonwealth Supported Place in one of the following courses:
- Bachelor of Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor of Artificial Intelligence (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Cyber Security (Honours)
- Bachelor of Data Science
- Bachelor of Data Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - Civil major
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - Electrical and Electronics major
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - Environmental major
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - Mechanical major
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - Mechatronics major
- Bachelor of Engineering (Industry) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours)
- be enrolled at Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waterfront, Geelong Waurn Ponds or Online
- Year 12 applicants - minimum ATAR of 70 (including published subject or Special Equity and Access Scheme adjustments) and satisfactory completion of the published course specific requirements
- Consideration will be given for non-Year 12 applicants based on academic merit (in previous Year 12 results and/or GPA for post-secondary studies deemed at or above the equivalent of a 70 ATAR).
As a successful recipient of this scholarship, you are expected to maintain a weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 65 during your studies.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
When applying direct to Deakin for this scholarship, select the 'Undergraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2024' option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
We will commence offering a limited number of scholarships towards the end of December 2023 with the remainder of scholarships offered progressively from mid-January 2024. To give your application the best chance possible of being considered in all offer rounds, you should submit your application and supporting documentation by 5 December 2023 at 5pm.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated in your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted. You'll find out if you are successful usually within six weeks of the Re-offer round closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
Following the application period detailed above this scholarship will again be available for offer in:
- Trimester/Semester 1 2025 (early-September 2024 to early-January 2025)
Application dates provided are indicative only. Please check closer to the application period for specific opening and closing dates.