Feedback from Staff Development courses
Below are just a few of the many encouraging comments we have received from staff who have attended our Staff Development courses:
Performance Review Conversation (Managers)
- "I would recommend this training to all new (and existing) managers and supervisors. I feel that the 'refresher' information I received, not only helped reinforce what I knew, it has also helped improve what I could be doing. I was able to put the new information I received I can put into practice immediately. The timing of the course was also perfect as I could use what I learnt the very next day."
- "Great discussion and very informative."
- "Case studies were great- enjoyed observing the dynamic between manager and staff members."
- "Case studies were good. Thanks it was very useful overall."
A Worldly Guide to Culturally Diverse Names
- "I now have a greater understanding of which names are 'personal' or 'family' names and can pronounce students' names more clearly which will avoid embarrassment and perceived insensitivity in communicating with international students."
Managing Difficult and Awkward Conversations
- "Good course on a difficult topic. Reinforcing of processes to deal with issues in workplace."
- "Great session, very effective and professionally managed by the facilitators."
Team Leadership and Development
- "Great course and well presented."
Equipping Leaders to Drive Change
- "A very engaging session, full of wisdom that helped me to expand my thinking."
- "It proved a great self-reflective course which would benefit everyone. Facilitator was amazing. Loved the session."
Successful Communication at Deakin
- "Extremely valuable and one of the best short courses I have ever attended. Very relevant to my day-to-day work."
- "Very interesting. Good session which is useful for staff involved in recruitment. Suggest a similar session be taken regularly by staff in this type of position."
- "This training was valuable and I got a lot out of it, thank you."