- Study at Deakin
- Life at Deakin
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
On the 1st January 2015, the Alfred Deakin Research Institute merged with the Centre for Citizenship and Globalisation to create the Alfred Deakin Research Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation (ADRI-CG). For information about the new Institute, including staff and membership, please visit www.deakin.edu.au/arts-ed/adricg
1. Migration and Health
2. Health Behaviour
3. HIV/AIDS and Sexual Health
4. Social Epidemiology
Suresh Joshi is a PhD candidate at Deakin University based at Alfred Deakin Research Institute (ADRI), Geelong Waterfront Campus. His research aims to understand the trajectories in immigrant's health behaviour in Australia. Specifically, the objectives of this research are to determine the longitudinal changes in tobacco smoking, physical activity and alcohol consumption behaviours of foreign-born people as compared to native-born people over time. Longitudinal research evidence on the relationship between migration and health are limited in Australia. In this study, he will be utilising multiple waves of longitudinal data from the Household Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia (HILDA) survey. Advanced epidemiological techniques will be applied to determine the trajectories in health behaviours of immigrants relative to native-born Australians.
Before joining Deakin University, he has obtained MSc in Public Health Research from the University of Aberdeen, UK and undergraduate degree in Public Health from Nepal.
1. Award for the Young Researcher in Sexuality, 21st Congress of the World Association for Sexual Health (WAS), 21-24 September 2013, Porto Alegre, Brazil
2. Student Conference Travel Award, Australasian Epidemiological Association (AEA), AEA Annual Scientific Meeting, August 2013, Australia
3. SAS Graduate Research Fellowship, Statistical Analysis System (SAS Software), 2012-2016, SAS Institute, Australia
4. Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPRS), 2012- 2015, Deakin University, Australia
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B