Recognition of Prior Service
The University recognises service from other organisations for the purpose of calculating sick leave and long service leave entitlements.
If you are a continuing or fixed term staff member, the University will recognise prior service from the following organisations:
- Australian universities, Victorian College of the Arts and Australian Maritime College - provided that any break in service does not exceed five years
- Australian technical and further education (TAFE) organisations and any State or Federal departments of education - provided that any break in service does not exceed twelve months
- public hospitals for academic staff employed within the School of Nursing and School of Medicine - provided that any break in service does not exceed twelve months.
For further information refer to the Recognition of Prior Service procedure.
How to apply for recognition of prior service
- Register details with the Human Resources Division (see below)
- Complete section 1 of the Recognition of Prior Service Form (90 KB) and send to your previous employer
- Once completed your previous employer will return to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deakin will email you the outcome of your application
Register for recognition of prior service
Applications for recognition of prior service must be received within 12 months of commencement.
For other conditions, please see the Recognition of Prior Service procedure.