The Chancellor's Advisory Committee terms of reference, composition and rules of operation were last approved by Council on 8 August 2013.
The terms of reference of the Chancellor's Advisory Committee shall be:
- To advise the Chancellor in regard to matters which the Committee considers need to be dealt with before the next scheduled meeting of Council.
- To advise Council on the maintenance and orderly review of Council membership and to make recommendations to Council on the appointment of members of Council by the Council.
- To make recommendations to the Minister on proposed Government appointed members of Council.
- To make recommendations to Council on the appointment of chairpersons and members of committees of Council.
- To advise Council on and to make recommendations to Council regarding:
- the performance of Council and the terms of reference, composition and rules of operation of committees of Council both generally, and in particular, at the times at which Council and standing committees of Council review their own performance
- the conduct, maintenance and orderly review of Council operations including, but not limited to, the annual review of:
- Council’s obligations and powers under University legislation
- the annual schedule of Council business
- Council Operating Provisions (rules of operations)
- the register of standing Council delegations
- the University’s compliance with the Provider Standards set down by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency
- such further or other corporate governance responsibilities as Council may refer to it.
- To ensure that Council is advised on the adequacy of the scope of the University's high level human resources policies and programs, excluding matters relating to the conduct of industrial relations, and on the appripriateness of their implemntation by mangement, so as to enable Council to satisfy itself that the University is fulfilling its obligations to staff both as regards its employment practices and their general development.
- to advise Council on any matters referred to it by Council and where specifically requested by Council, to act on Council's behalf in relation to such matters.
The composition of the Chancellor's Advisory Committee shall be:
- The Chancellor (Chair)
- The Deputy Chancellors
- The Vice-Chancellor
- The Chair of Academic Board