Dr Zouhir Gabsi
|Position:||Lecturer In Arabic |
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Arts and Education|
|Department:||SHSS Arts & Ed|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 924 46411 +61 3 924 46411|
Zouhir Gabsi: Studied Applied Linguistics at the University of NSW (Australia). Currently a lecturer in Arabic studies at Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia. His research focuses on Berber studies, language in contact situation and general linguistics.
- Bachelor of Arts (Diploma of Education), University of Western Sydney, 1993
- Master of Arts (Applied Linguistics), University of New South Wales, 1996
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Western Sydney, 2004
- Article: The Berber element in Tunisian Arabic, International Journal of the Sociology of Language, estimated publication date, mid-2013.
- Article ‘The Arabic element in Maltese’, in progress. Co-authoring with Dr Geoffrey Hull, estimated publication date, end of 2013.
- A Dictionary of English-Tunisian Arabic (35,000 words have been written so far)
A course book in Tunisian Arabic. Estimated publication date, mid 2014.