Join our Team
Higher Degree by Research (PhD) Opportunities
The Institute for Intelligent Systems Research and Innovation (IISRI) at Deakin University in Australia contributes to the design of smarter technologies through the investigation and development of state-of-the-art algorithms and methodologies that provide practical solutions to real world problems that are encountered by systems operating with uncertainty, variability and change.
IISRI will support high performing graduates in furthering their higher degree and research careers in various areas of intelligent systems research. IISRI is currently seeking high quality PhD candidates in a number of areas such as robotics, haptics, control systems, autonomous systems, modelling and simulation, optimization, decision making, human performance analysis, signal processing and brain computer interfacing.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit IISRI homepage.
Potential candidates are requested to send their research proposal together with their CV and a copy of their academic transcripts for consideration to IISRI HDR recruitment.
We are offering a number of scholarships for prospective PhD students through Higher Degree by Research program. All applications will go through rigorous assessment and shortlisted applicants will be interviewed. Successful applicants will have their university tuition fees waived, and will receive a stipend and medical insurance for three years. IISRI will also consider self-funded PhD applicants.
- Graduate of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Bioelectric and Biomechanic Engineering or similar disciplines.
- Expected to have completed a four year undergraduate degree and a research thesis.
- Having a high distinction GPA, first class honors, scientific research experience and peer reviewed publication are advantageous.
- A strong background in one or more of the below subjects is beneficial.
- Mechatronics, Robotics, and Haptics,
- Dynamical systems and Control theory,
- Mechanism design and analysis,
- Computational intelligence,
- Decision making and optimization,
- Signal and image processing,
- Software and embedded systems,
- Probability and stochastic,
- Microelectronics and MEMS,
- Information theory and data communication,
- Biomechanics and bioelectric.
International applicants should provide minimum IELTS 6.5 (with no band under 6) or minimum TOEFL iBT 70 with minimum writing 21. The certificate of English language needs to be provided before commencing the course.
For information about application submission please refer to:
Apply for a research degree page.