Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
The Bachelor of Early Childhood Education prepares graduates to work in both early childhood and primary educational contexts. It is delivered via the flexible Deakin Learning Centre mode. It uses leading-edge technology to provide access to higher education at chosen sites in regional Victoria.
- Gain an early childhood teacher qualification while living and working in regional Victoria.
- Guaranteed pathway to Deakin University's Bachelor of Early Childhood Education after successful completion of a Graded Diploma of Children's Services at one of the three partner TAFE institutions.
- Graduates will be eligible to apply for teacher registration in Victoria.
- Holders of a Diploma of Children's Services may upskill to a 4-years undergraduate ECE degree.
- Once Credit for Prior Learning has been confirmed, this course can be completed in flexible modes of study over 3 years or can be fast-tracked by studying under Deakin's 3-trimester system, enabling completion in 6 trimesters.
- Part time and full time study is available.
- Prepares you for a career in early childhood, kindergarten and primary school teaching [Prep – Grade 6]
- Majority of study is online with intensive classes being held 3 time a trimester on a Friday and Saturday.
Bachelor of Early Childhood Education brochure.
Study location options
In 2016 you can study the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education at the following Deakin Learning Centres.
- Craigieburn - Hume Global Learning Centre
- Werribee Learning Centre
- Rosebud - Mornington Peninsula campus of Chisholm Institute of TAFE
- Portland - South West Institute of TAFE (continuing students only)
- Swan Hill - Sunraysia Institute of TAFE (continuing students only)
The course provides the opportunity for you to upgrade your qualifications and develop your career in early childhood education. It is a seamless pathway program, with a guaranteed entry for graduates of a graded Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (formerly the Diploma of Children's Services) into the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education at Deakin University.
How to apply
- Apply via the Deakin Applicant Portal.
- Deakin will contact you regarding attending an information session and completing a literacy exercise.
- There will be a Trimester 3, 2015 intake in addition to the Trimester 1, 2016 intake with the delivery of BECE via the Deakin Learning Centres.
- View the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education course summary to see entry requirements, fees and course structure.
- Contact the Student Services Office in the Faculty of Arts and Education on email@example.com or (03) 5563 3073.
Come along to one of our interactive information sessions where you will experience the technology first hand at your local Deakin learning centre.