Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
The Bachelor of Early Childhood Education focuses on birth to 8 years, is studied via the flexible Deakin Learning Centre delivery mode. It uses leading-edge technology to provide access to higher education at chosen sites in regional Victoria.
- Gain an early childhood teacher qualification while living and working in regional Victoria.
- Guaranteed pathway to Deakin University's Bachelor of Early Childhood Education after successful completion of a Graded Diploma of Children's Services at one of the three partner TAFE institutions.
- Graduates will be eligible to apply for teacher registration in Victoria.
- Holders of a Diploma of Children's Services may upskill to a 4-years undergraduate ECE degree.
- Once Credit for Prior Learning has been confirmed, this course can be completed in flexible modes of study over 3 years or can be fast-tracked by studying under Deakin's 3-trimester system, enabling completion in 6 trimesters.
- Part time and full time study is available.
- Prepares you for a career in early childhood, kindergarten and primary school teaching [Prep – Grade 6]
- Majority of study is online with intensive classes being held 3 time a trimester on a Friday and Saturday.
Bachelor of Early Childhood Education 2015 brochure.
Study location options
In 2015 you can study the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education at all Deakin Learning Centres.
Deakin Learning Centre locations:
- Craigieburn - Hume Global Learning Centre
- Dandenong – Chisholm
- Mornington Peninsula – Chisholm
- Bass Coast – Chisholm
- Portland - South West Institute of TAFE
- Swan Hill / Mildura SuniTAFE
- Werribee Learning Centre
The course presents a career pathway to upgrade qualifications in early childhood education. It is a seamless pathway program, with a guaranteed entry for graduates of a Graded Diploma of Children's Services into the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education at Deakin University.
How to apply
- Apply via the Deakin Applicant Portal.
- Deakin will contact you regarding attending an information session and completing a literacy exercise.
- There will be a Trimester 3, 2015 intake in addition to the Trimester 1, 2016 intake with the delivery of BECE via the Deakin Learning Centres.
- View the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education course summary to see entry requirements, fees and course structure.
- Contact the Student Services Office in the Faculty of Arts and Education on firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 5563 3073.
Come along to one of our interactive information sessions where you will experience the technology first hand at your local Deakin learning centre.