Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
The Bachelor of Early Childhood Education focuses on birth to 8 years, and is studied via the flexible Deakin at Your Doorstep delivery mode. It uses leading-edge technology to provide access to higher education at chosen sites in regional Victoria.
- Gain an early childhood teacher qualification while living and working in regional Victoria.
- Guaranteed pathway to Deakin University's Bachelor of Early Childhood Education after successful completion of a Diploma of Children's Services at one of the three partner TAFE institutions.
- Graduates will be eligible to apply for teacher registration in Victoria (subject to VIT approval).
- Holders of a Diploma of Children's Services may upskill to a 4-years undergraduate ECE degree. The course will be offered in flexible modes for completion of 32 credit points over 9 trimesters, equivalent to 4 years study.
- Prepares you for a career in a range of early childhood educational and care roles.
Bachelor of Early Childhood Education 2013 brochure
Study location options
In 2013 you can study for the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education under Deakin at Your Doorstep through one of our TAFE partners:
- South West Institute of TAFE (Portland)
- Chisholm Institute of TAFE (Dandenong and Mornington Peninsula)
- Sunraysia Institute of TAFE (Swan Hill)
The course presents a career pathway to upgrade qualifications in early childhood education. It is a seamless pathway program, with a guaranteed entry for graduates of a Diploma of Children's Services into the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education at Deakin University.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin University by either:
Bachelor of Early Childhood Education application form
- View the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education course summary to see entry requirements, fees and course structure.
- Contact Cheryl Finnigan:
03 5563 3087