Applications for Trimester 1 2023 open 1 September 2022.
Applications for Trimester 1 2023 close 15 February 2023 at 5pm.
This scholarship offers tuition fee contribution payments for the normal full-time duration of the course, and may also provide a cash payment.
The minimum total scholarship value is $12,000 with the exact value to be confirmed in early 2023.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- a commencing student enrolled in one of the following courses in Semester 1 2023:
- Graduate Certificate of Emergency Nursing (H566)
- Graduate Diploma of Emergency Nursing (H666)
- Graduate Certificate of Intensive Care Nursing (H545)
- Graduate Diploma of Intensive Care Nursing (H645)
- Graduate Certificate of Cardiac Nursing (H565)
- Graduate Diploma of Cardiac Nursing (H665)
- Graduate Certificate of Critical Care Nursing (H567)
- Graduate Diploma of Critical Care Nursing (H667)
Preference will be given to a student enrolled in a Graduate Diploma who is experiencing financial hardship.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- provide a completion statement at the conclusion of your studies
- be open to participating in donor engagement activities
- not concurrently hold another scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial and/or other hardship (if applicable).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Read more about supporting documentation
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
When applying direct to Deakin for this scholarship, select the 'Postgraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2023' option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive a scholarship.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated in your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check this page at a later date for any updates.