Applications for Trimester/Semester 1 2024 open 15 September 2023.
Applications for Trimester/Semester 1 2024 close 14 February 2024 at 5pm.
Cash payments up to $5000 per year for three years.
The total value of this scholarship is up to $15,000 over three years.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or hold an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be commencing or currently enrolled in an undergraduate bachelor or honours degree in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) or postgraduate by coursework degree (CSP or full fee) in at least two credit points
- be enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2024
- be a registered member of the Deakin University Elite Athlete Program
- receive less than $35,000 (total) in 2023 from your sport in the form of salary and/or funding support or from monetary sponsorship.
Consideration will be given to:
- students achievement in their respective sport at state, national and international level
- students experiencing financial or personal hardship.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- be enrolled in a minimum of two credit points over each academic year
- remain a registered member of the Deakin University Elite Athlete Program.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of your:
- elite sporting achievements
- financial hardship (if applicable)
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
When applying direct to Deakin for this scholarship, select the 'Deakin Sport Network Elite Athlete Scholarship' option.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
Following the application period detailed above this scholarship will again be available for offer in:
- Trimester/Semester 1 2025 (early-September 2024 to mid-February 2025)
Application dates provided are indicative only. Please check closer to the application period for specific opening and closing dates.