Applications for Trimester 1 2022 open 6 September 2021.
Applications for Trimester 1 2022 close 15 February 2022 at 5pm.
The scholarship is awarded for the normal full-time duration of the course.
$10,000 per year ($1250 per credit point) paid towards your tuition fees*.
*If you are enrolled in a part time course load the payment amount will be prorated based on the number of credit points you study.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student at Deakin University in M729 Juris Doctor in Trimester 1 2022
- enrolled in a minimum of 2 credit points per trimester
- able to demonstrate achievement in one of the following:
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM)/Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 75 in previous undergraduate study
- leadership experience
- elite sports performance
- community service
- volunteer activities
- the arts
- any other achievement.
Consideration will be given to students experiencing financial or personal hardship.
Continued eligibility is subject to maintaining a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 65.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct Document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of your previous WAM or GPA (if completed at another institution)
- evidence of your leadership activities or community service achievement
- evidence of your sporting or other achievements
- evidence of your medical and/or financial hardship (if applicable)
Late or incomplete documentation will not be accepted.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
Following the application period above, this scholarship will be available for offer in:
- Trimester/Semester 2 2022 (mid-June 2022 to mid-July 2022)
Application dates provided are indicative only. Please check closer to the application period for specific opening and closing dates.