Applications for Semester 1 2022 open 5 November 2021.
Applications for Semester 1 2022 close 6 December 2021 at 5pm.
This scholarship offers cash payments of up to $8,000 per year for four years.
The total maximum value of this scholarship is $32,000.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- commencing H911 Doctor of Medicine at Deakin University in Semester 1 2022 with admission via the Rural Training Stream
- enrolled full time
- able to demonstrate financial disadvantage.
Preference will be given to students that live in a Victorian rural or regional home location with genuine rural connections and are committed to training in a Rural Clinical School.
As a scholarship recipient you:
- cannot intermit your course during the scholarship period
- must pass all enrolled units
- must provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- must complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- must meet the donor at least once over the duration of the Scholarship to discuss your university experience and educational learning
- must agree to the donor sharing your photo and stories regarding your experience in the Rural Community Clinical School in donor marketing publications
- cannot hold additional and multiple scholarships at any time throughout the duration of the scholarship with a combined value exceeding $5,000 per annum.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
If you are applying directly to Deakin for a course or already have your 2022 course offer, you can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.