Applications for Semester 1 2023 open 1 September 2022.
Applications for Semester 1 2023 close 8 December 2022 at 5pm.
This scholarship offers cash payments of up to $8000 per year for four years.
The total maximum value of this scholarship is $32,000.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- commencing the Doctor of Medicine (H911) at Deakin University in Semester 1 2023 with admission via the Rural Training Stream
- enrolled full time
- able to demonstrate financial disadvantage.
Preference will be given to students that live in a Victorian rural or regional home location with genuine rural connections and are who committed to training in a Rural Clinical School.
As a scholarship recipient you:
- cannot intermit your course during the scholarship period
- must pass all enrolled units
- must write an introduction statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship
- must complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- must provide a completion statement at the conclusion of your studies
- must meet the donor at least once over the duration of the Scholarship to discuss your education and university experience
- must agree to the donor sharing your photo and stories regarding your experience in the Rural Community Clinical School in donor marketing publications
- cannot hold additional and multiple scholarships at any time throughout the duration of the scholarship with a combined value exceeding $5000 per annum.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
When applying direct to Deakin for this scholarship, select the 'Postgraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2023' option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.