Staff profile - George Tanewski
Prof George Tanewski
|Position:||Professor in Accounting|
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Business & Law|
|Department:||Department of Accounting|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 92517230 +61 3 92517230|
- Doctor of Philosophy, Monash University, 1995
- Bachelor of Journalism & Communication, Rhodes University (Sth Africa), 1981
- Graduate Diploma of Accounting, Monash University, 2005
Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand
- Research Design and Methods
- Quantitative Methods
The Financial Reporting Practices of For-Profit Private Companies and Not-For-Profit Public Entities in Australia. A commissioned project for the Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB), with Carey, P.J. and Potter, B., A final draft report on this project was submitted to the AASB in August 2013 and the report will become publically available at end of 2013.
- Ownership Structure
- Corporate Governance
- Voluntary Disclosure
- Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMES)
- Panel Data Methods
- Mitrione, L., Tanewski, G., and Birt, J. (forthcoming). The relevance to firm valuation of research and development expenditure in the Australian health-care industry. Australian Journal of Management.
- Carey P.J, Knechel, R. and Tanewski, G. (2013) Auditing of for-profit private and not-for-profit entities in Australia. Australian Accounting Review, 64(23), 43-53. .
- Haman, J., Setia-Atmaja, L. & Tanewski, G. (2011). The Role of Board Independence in Mitigating Agency Problem II in Australian Family Firms. The British Accounting Review, 43(3), 230-246.
- Setia-Atmaja, L., Skully, M. & Tanewski, G. (2009). The role of dividends, debt and board structure in the governance of family controlled firms. Journal of Business, Finance and Accounting, 36(7-8), 863-898.
- Mroczkowski, M. and Tanewski, G.A. (2009). Do Family Firms Matter in IPO Markets? Initial Returns Performance Of Family And Non-Family Firms – A Critical Perspective: Australian Evidence. International Journal of Critical Accounting, 1(4),228-261.
- Mroczkowski, N. & Tanewski, G.A. (2007) Delineating Publicly Listed Family and Non-Family Controlled Firms: An Approach for Capital Market Research in Australia. Journal of Small Business Management, 45(3), 320-332.
- Bartholomeusz, S. & Tanewski, G.A. (2006). The Relationship between Family Firms and Corporate Governance. Journal of Small Business Management, 44(2), 245-267.