Staff profile - Ha Le
Miss Ha Le
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Health|
|Department:||School of Health & Soc. Dev.|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 924 46456 +61 3 924 46456|
- Bachelor of Economics, The Rector of Economics Univ., 2003
- Master of Health Economics, University of Queensland, 2008
- Graduate Diploma in International Public Health, University of Queensland, 2008
Australian Health Economics Society (AHES)
International Health Economics Association (iHEA)
Awards and prizes
2013: HD-SRC Early Career Research Excellence award, Deakin University.
2013: Honorary Research Fellow – Murdoch Children Research Institution (MCRI)
- Classroom Promotion of Oral Language (CPOL): a randomized controlled trial which aims to see if a different approach to teaching can help improve children’s talking and listening skills as well as reading and writing in the first two years of school.
- Centre of Exellence Research in CHild Language (CRE-CL).
- Early Language in Victoria Study (ELVS).
- The Longitudinal Study of Australian Children (LSAC)
- Language For Learning (LFL): a randomized controlled trial of a language delay prevention intervention at school entry (therapy offered for children age 4).
- Families in Mind (FIM): a randomized controlled trial of a mental child health intervention to prevent conduct behaviours and mental problems in children.
- SHELF (Supermarket Healthy Eating For Life): a randomized controlled trial of a nutrition education intervention and pricing strategy to promote the consumption of fruit, vegetables, water and low-calorie beverages.
- SHOPSmart: a randomized controlled trial of a nutrition education intervention to promote the consumption of fruit, vegetables, water and low-calorie beverages in low income women.
- Baby Business: a randomized controlled trial of a universal parenting program to prevent early infant sleep and cry problems and associated parental depression.
- Cost-effectiveness of a parenting program to improve infant sleep. Population Health SRC Small Grant.
- Cost-effectiveness of skill-building to improve eating behaviours in low-income communities. Population Health SRC Small Grant.
1.1 Hiscock H, Cook F, Bayer J, Le HND, Mensah F, Cann W, Symon B, St James Roberts I. Preventing infant sleep and cry problems and postnatal depression – randomized controlled trial. Pediatrics 2014, 133 (2).
1.2 Wake M, Tobin S, Levickis P, Gold L, Ukoumunne O.C., Zens N, Goldfeld S, Le H, Law J & Reilly S. Randomized trial of a population-based, home-delivered intervention for preschool language delay. Pediatrics 2013, 132 (4).
1.3 Wake M, Levickis P, Tobin S, Zens N, Law L, Gold L, Ukoumunne O, Goldfeld S, Le H, Skeat J, Reilly S. Improving outcomes of preschool language delay in the community: Protocol for the Language for Learning randomised controlled trial. BMC Pediatrics 2012, 12:96.
1.4 Cook F, Bayer J, Le H., F Mensah, W Cann, H Hiscock. Baby Business: a randomised controlled trial of a universal parenting program that aims to prevent early infant sleep and cry problems and associated parental depression, BMC paediatrics 2012, 12 (13): 1-29, BioMed Central, London, U. K.
1.5 Ball K, McNaughton S, Mhurchu C, Andrianopoulos N, Inglis V, McNeilly B, Le H, Leslie D, Pollard C and Crawford D. Supermarket Healthy Eating for Life (SHELf): protocol of a randomised controlled trial promoting healthy food and beverage consumption through price reduction and skill-building strategies. BMC public health 2011, vol. 11, no. 715, pp. 1-11.
1.6 Ball K, McNaughton S, Le H, Andrianopoulos N, Inglis V, Kennedy B, Lichomets I, Granados A and Crawford D. ShopSmart 4 Health - Methods and characteristics of participants in a skills-based randomised controlled trial promoting fruit and vegetable consumption among socioeconomically disadvantaged women. BMC public health 2013, vol. 13, no. 466, pp. 1-8.
1.7Ball K, McNaughton S, Le H, Andrianopoulos N, Inglis V, Crawford D. Effectiveness of price reduction and behaviour change strategies for improving fruit, vegetable and beverage consumption: Results from the Supermarket Healthy Eating for LiFe (SHELf) randomised controlled trial. 2013 Annual Meeting of the Int'l Society for Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity (ISBNPA), May 2013.
1.8 Le H, Gold L, Cook F, Mensah F, Bayer J, Cann W, Hiscock H. Economic evaluation of a universal parenting program to prevent early infant sleep and cry problems". iHEA 9th World Congress on Health Economics: "Celebrating Health Economics", July 2013, Sydney, Australia.
1.9 Hiscock H, Cook F, Bayer J, Le H, Mensah F, Cann W, Symon B, and Roberts I S J. Can Early Infant Sleep And Crying Problems And Associated Postnatal Depression Be Prevented? A Randomized Controlled Trial. 2013 Pediatrics Academic Societies Annual Meeting, Washington, May 2013.
1.10 Hiscock H, Cook F, Bayer J, Cann W, Mensah F, Le H. Impact of an early parent education program on infant sleep and crying: A randomised controlled trial. 11th Infant Cry Workshop, June 2011, Zeist, The Netherlands.
1.11 Le H, Connelly L. The cost-effectiveness of a bivalent human papillomavirus vaccination in Japan. 8th World Congress on Health Economics, July 2011, Toronto, Canada.
1.12 Ball K, McNaughton S, Le H, Andrianopoulos N, Inglis V, Crawford D. A Skills-based RCT for Increasing Fruit and Vegetable Consumption Among Low-income Women. Australasian Epidemiology Association (AEA) conference, October, 2013, Brisbane.
1.13 Gold L, Le H, Wake M, Tobin S, Levickis P, Law J, Ukoumunne O, Goldfeld S, Zens N, Reilly S. Economic evaluation of a population-based, home-delivered intervention for preschool language delay in the community. 8th Health Services and Policy Research (HSRAANZ) Conference, 2013, Wellington, New Zealand.