Staff profile - Hong Feng Zhang
Dr Hong Feng Zhang
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Business & Law|
|Department:||School of Accounting Economics & Finance|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 92446547 +61 3 92446547|
(John) Hong Feng Zhang joined School of Accounting Economics and Finance as Lecturer in finance in 2008. He received his Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Melbourne in 2008. Dr Zhang's research interests include corporate finance, corporate governance and research in Chinese financial markets.
- Graduate Certificate of Higher Education, Deakin University, 2009
- Bachelor of Economics, Shanghai University (China), 1993
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Melbourne, 2008
Subjects and units currently teaching
MAF101 Fundamentals of Finance
MAF203 Business Finance
MAF302 Corporate Finance
MAF453 Advanced Corporate Finance
MAF711 Modelling Techniques for Finance
MAF764/903 Advanced Corporate Finance
1. Gang Wang, PhD student, 2009 -2013, "An Empirical Study of IPOs Underpricing in the Chinese Stock Market".
2. Jianan Guo, PhD student, 2009-2013, "The Dividend Policy in the Chinese Equity Market".
Conferences and seminars
1.The 21st Australasian Finance & Banking Conference 2008
2.The Asian Finance Association (AsianFA) annual conference 2009, 2010 and 2011
3.China International Conference in Finance 2011 and 2013
Awards and prizes
The 2007 Peter Brownell Manuscript Award for the best paper published in Accounting and Finance for the coauthored paper, “The Effects of Financial Constraints on Corporate Policies in Australia”.
Theoretical and empirical corporate finance, corporate governance
Emerging financial markets
Australian Center for Financial Studies research grant 2011
1. Managerial Entrenchment and Firm Value: A Dynamic Perspective (with Xin Chang), 2014, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
2. Investor heterogeneity and the cross-sectional stock returns in China (Wei Opie), 2013, Pacific Basin Finance Journal 25, 1-20.
3. “The Effect of Financial Constraints, Investment Policy, Product Market Competition and Corporate Governance on the Value of Cash Holdings” (with Howard Chan and Yufei Lu), 2013, Accounting and Finance 53, 339-366.
4. “Audit quality, auditor compensation and initial public offering underpricing” (with Xin Chang, Andre F. Gygax, and Elaine Oon), 2008, Accounting and Finance 48(3), 391-416.
5. “The Effects of Financial Constraints on Corporate Policies in Australia” (with Xin Chang, Tek Jun Tan, and George Wong), 2007, Accounting and Finance 47, 85-108.