AsPr Kieran Lim
|Faculty or Division:||Faculty of Sci Eng & Built Env|
|Department:||School of Life & Env. Sciences|
|Campus:||Melbourne Burwood Campus|
|Phone:||+61 3 92517403 +61 3 92517403|
Member Royal Australian Chemical Institute,Chartered Chemist,Fellow of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute,Member Australian College of Education
Member Science Teachers Association of Victoria
Editorial Advisory Board, Teaching Science, Journal of the Australian Science Teachers Association
Subjects and units currently teaching
- SLE010 - Laboratory and Fieldwork Safety Induction Program
- SLE155 - Chemistry for the Professional Sciences
- SLE235 - Chemical Systems
- Chemical and science education
- Forensic science
Awards and prizes
Australian Award for Teaching Excellence for Physical Sciences and Related Studies, Australian Government, Office for Learning and Teaching (2014)
Visiting Erskine Fellowship, University of Canterbury, New Zealand (2012)
RACI Fensham Medal for Outstanding Contribution to Chemical Education, Royal Australian Chemical Institute (2011)
Australian Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning, Australian Government, Australian Learning and Teaching Council (2010)
RACI Division of Chemical Education Medal, Royal Australian Chemical Institute (2008)
RACI Division of Chemical Education Citation, Royal Australian Chemical Institute (2002).
Some recent publications are:
- S. C. Barrie, R. B. Bucat, M. A. Buntine, K. Burke da Silva, G. T. Crisp, A. V. George, I. M. Jamie, S. H. Kable, K. F. Lim, S. M. Pyke, J. R. Read, M. D. Sharma and A. Yeung, "Development, Evaluation and Use of a Student Experience Survey in Undergraduate Science Laboratories: The Advancing Science by Enhancing Learning in the Laboratory Student Laboratory Learning Experience Survey", International Journal of Science Education, 2015, 37, 1795-1814.
- C. M. Hindson, Z. Smith, N. W. Barnett, G. Hanson, K. F. Lim and P. S. Francis, "Autocatalytic chemiluminescence sheds new light on the classic permanganate-oxalate reaction", Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2013, 117 (19), 3918–3924.
- R. Jelly, S. W. Lewis, K. F. Lim, A. Payne and W. van Bronswijk, "Infrared microscopy studies of the chemical composition of latent fingermark residues", Microchemical Journal, 2013, 111, 40-46.
- R. C. Horton, T. L. Kelly, C. E. Lenehan, C. Lennard, S. W. Lewis, K. F. Lim, C. Roux and D. C. Southam, "Assessing students’ attitudes toward forensic science: collecting an expert consensus", Forensic Science Policy & Management: An International Journal, 2013, 3 (4), 180-188.
- K.F. Lim and S.W.Lewis, “Spectroscopic Techniques (Chapter 255)” in J.A. Siegel and P. Saukko (eds), Encyclopedia of Forensic Sciences (2nd Edition), Academic Press, Waltham (MA), 2013, vol. 3, pp. 627-634.
- S.W.Lewis and K.F. Lim, “Spectroscopy: Basic Principles (Chapter 256)” in J.A. Siegel and P. Saukko (eds), Encyclopedia of Forensic Sciences (2nd Edition), Academic Press, Waltham (MA), 2013, vol. 3, pp. 635-640.
- D. R. Bedgood, Jr, A. Bridgeman, M. A. Buntine, M. Gardiner, K. F. Lim, M. Mocerino, G. Morris, S. M. Pyke, D. Southam, B. Yates and M. Zadnik, Developing leaders of change in the teaching of large university chemistry classes, Office for Learning and Teaching, Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education, Sydney, 2012 <http://www.olt.gov.au/resource-developing-leaders-change-teaching-large-university-chemistry-classes-2012>.
- S. H. Kable, M. A. Buntine, A. Yeung, M. Sharma, K. F. Lim, S. M. Pyke, K. Burke Da Silva and S. C. Barrie, Advancing science by enhancing learning in the laboratory (ASELL), Australian Learning and Teaching Council, Strawberry Hills (NSW), 2012, <http://www.olt.gov.au/project-enhancing-science-asell-usyd-2009>.
- D. N. Donaldson, N. W. Barnett, K. M. Agg, D. Graham, C. E. Lenehan, C. Prior, K. F. Lim and P. S. Francis, "Chemiluminescence detection of 1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazacyclohexane (RDX) and related nitramine explosives", Talanta, 2012,88, 743-748.
- M. A. Addicoat, K. F. Lim and G. F. Metha, "Reactions of Nb2 and Nb3 with CO, D2, N2 and O2: Reconciling experimental kinetics with density functional theory-calculated energy reaction profiles", Journal of Chemical Physics, 2012, 137 (3), 034301 (9 pages).
- K. F. Lim, " A tabular approach to titration calculations ", Teaching Science, Journal of the Australian Science Teachers’ Association, 2012, 58 (3), 33-39.
Google Scholar page: