Beta Alpha Psi Society
Beta Alpha Psi
Beta Alpha Psi is a highly recognised international honour and service organisation for accounting, finance and information system students and professionals, with the aim to inspire and support excellence by:
- recognising outstanding academic and professional achievements;
- promoting the professional study and practice of accounting, finance, and information systems;
- providing opportunities for personal development of technical and professional skills;
- encouraging a lifelong sense of ethical, social and public responsibility; and
- developing lifelong relationships with members, faculties and practicing professionals.
Only AACSB accredited business schools are eligible to apply for Chapter status.
The society is run by students, with continued support from a faculty member from Deakin’s Business School. Membership is exclusive, and will only be offered to eligible students, those studying a specific major, who have proven outstanding academic results, and have completed at least 10 units in their course.
Beta Alpha Psi is an exclusive society with memberships for high achieving students dedicated to improving their self-development.
To be eligible for membership you must:
(a) Be majoring in accounting, finance or information systems;
(b) Completed at least one non-core accounting, finance or information system unit of study;
(c) Attained at least a distinction average (70 or above) across your major-related units of study; and
(d) Attained at least a distinction average (70 or above) across all units of study after having completed at least 10 units of your course.
Applications for 2018 are now open. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a 150-word expression of interest as to why you want to joind Beta Alpha Psi.