Your child, their future
Information for parents of future Deakin students.
When the time comes for your child to choose a university and which course to study, we know you want to support them as best you can.
We provide a range of resources especially for parents, to help you understand the further study options facing your child and be better informed about effective ways to support them in the transition to university study.
Use the links below to find key information for parents on our website:
- Why should your child choose Deakin?
- Events and important dates for prospective students
- Budgeting for tertiary study
- The final years of school: how you can help
- Deakin trimester dates
- Deakin enrolment information
- Undergraduate course guides and booklets
- Information for parents and partners of current students
We also provide a range of printed and digital publications specifically for parents. Get key information about university life, student transition, support strategies, study support tips, news, key dates and more, in a format that suits you.
We welcome comments and suggested improvements to our resources for parents. Please use the "Feedback" link at the bottom of this page to let us know what you think and how we can better prepare our resources to support you and your child.
Parents' Guide to Tertiary Study
(PDF, 1001.0 KB)
(PDF, 175.7 KB)
(PDF, 707.6 KB)