Unit search

Search results

MBR706 - Leading People in Organisations (Residential)


2019 unit information

Enrolment modes:

Residential: Waurn Ponds (Geelong) Not offered in 2019

Credit point(s):1
EFTSL value:0.125
Cohort rule:

For students enrolled in M501, M507, M538, M601, M701, M703, M738, M765, D713 and H702

Unit chair:

Andrea North-Samardzic





Incompatible with: MBA706, MBA721, MBA730, MBR721, MBR730, MPM721, MPM771, MPR721, MPR771
In-person attendance requirements:

This residential unit requires students to attend six days of intensive study at Waurn Ponds Estate, Geelong.


Conference fees for residential units are in addition to the tuition fee and vary depending on the type of accommodation chosen. For further information please visit the Residential Units webpage.

Please note: The final result for this unit will be released shortly after Trimester 2 result release.


The purpose of this unit is to provide an understanding of the nature of people’s behaviour at work. It does this by examining the nature of the individuals, when they are in teams and groups, and when they are in larger social environments such as organisations. This provides the tools to analyse and critically reflect on an individual’s role in their organisations, their relationships with others and how they can more effectively exert their influence and display leadership.


Assessment 1 (Individual)- Portfolio of Practice (3,000 words) 30%

Assessment 2 (Group of max 4 students)- Written case analysis (2,000 words) 30%

Assessment 3 (Individual)- Written report (2,500 words) 30% and supporting 5 minute video 10% (total 40%)

Unit Fee Information

Click on the fee link below which describes you: