Information about fees, when they are due and how to pay them.
Fees for domestic students
The fees you are charged at Deakin depend on whether you have a Commonwealth supported place or a full fee paying place, the course you study and the year you commenced in that course.
- Commonwealth supported students
- Domestic full fee-paying students
- Non-award domestic fee paying students
- Domestic withdrawal dates and refund amounts
- Government HELP schemes (HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP, SA-HELP and OS-HELP)
- Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)
- Refund of credit for domestic students
- Remission of debt in special circumstances for domestic students
In the Australian higher education system, Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens and the holders of an Australian permanent visa are classified as domestic students.
Fees for international students
The fees you are charged at Deakin depend on the course you study and the year you commenced in that course.
- International fee paying students
- Non-award International fee paying students
- International withdrawal dates and refund amounts
- Refund of credit for International students
- Refund of debt in special circumstances for International students
Scammers are still actively targeting international university students. These scams are designed to take your money in a dishonest way. If anyone offers you a discount or an extension on your university fees, don't accept. All valid payment options are displayed on your student invoice.
In the Australian higher education system, you are considered an international student if you are not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or a holder of an Australian permanent visa.