Skip to main content
Skip sub navigation

Course transfer

If you want to change your enrolment to a new course, campus or mode, apply for a course transfer.

Course transfer

When to apply

For transfer inApplications openApplications close for
international students
Applications close for
domestic students
Trimester 2 2024Monday 25 March 2024Friday 14 June 2024Friday 21 June 2024
Trimester 3 2024Monday 25 March 2024Friday 18 October 2024Thursday 24 October 2024

Course transfer information and rules

Search for the course you wish to transfer to and view the information and rules that apply.

Course code Course name Course Type Campus Faculty Minimum WAM Transfer information

* A 'recent school leaver' is defined as a student who completed secondary school in the two years prior to the Trimester 1 intake of the current academic year.

Seek advice before you apply

Before applying for a course transfer, make sure you've considered all your options and that it’s the right way forward for you. Consider the following information.

  • Limits on transferring between the same courses more than once. If you feel as though you may want to return back to your current course after transferring out, a course transfer is not recommended as there are limitations on being able to transfer back should you wish to finish this course.
  • Taking longer to complete your degree. If approved, a course transfer may increase the time it takes to complete your degree as all the units you've completed so far may not count towards your new course.
  • Changes to the fees you pay. You should be aware that your fees may change if you transfer courses. Domestic Commonwealth supported students will no longer be on the 'grandfathered' student contribution rates as you will be considered 'commencing' in your new course. For commencing Commonwealth supported students, some fees have increased as the result of the Government Job-ready Graduates package.
  • Selection process. Selection for course transfers is based on availability of places and academic performance.
  • Visa implications. If you are an international student you should consider how a course transfer may affect your visa status.

We suggest you talk through your options with a student adviser at Student Central.

How to apply

Applications for Trimester 1 2024 are now closed.

Applications for Trimester 2 and Trimester 3 2024 are now open.

Complete the Course / Campus Transfer application form

You must re-enrol in your existing course by the re-enrolment deadline if your course/campus transfer application has not been processed. By re-enrolling you avoid the late re-enrolment fee.

Submission of the application does not guarantee a course transfer. Selection is based on the availability of places and academic performance.

All domestic students and onshore international students are required to include their Unique Student Identifier (USI) on their course transfer application. Need a USI? Apply for a USI.

Outcome of your application

You will be notified about the outcome of your application via your Deakin email. If unsuccessful, please discuss your options with a Student Adviser.

Processing of your Course Transfer enrolment form

When processed your course change will be seen in StudentConnect.

If you have changed course codes as a result of your course transfer and have a fee arrangement of

  • Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) or
  • Australian Fee Paying

and wish to defer your fees to FEE-HELP then you must complete the online Commonwealth Assistance Form (ecaf) again via StudentConnect. You will need to complete the SA-HELP form again should you wish to defer this fee to your HELP loan.

If you are studying in the current trimester, your course transfer won't be processed until results have been released.

Have a question about the progress of your application? Contact a student adviser at Student Central.

Need help?

Our student advisers are here to help you with course advice, enrolment and general enquiries.