International Student Connect
Friday Friends launches this week. Have you registered?
Meet other new international students, get to know Deakin and have some fun along the way!
Each Friday from 23 February to 22 March.
Starting university is an exciting time but it can feel a little overwhelming at first. This international student program is designed to support you as you settle into life in Australia and commence your studies at Deakin.
If this is your first trimester as an international student at Deakin, we encourage you to try as many activities as possible – you’ll make new friends, practise your English skills, explore your campus, discover Deakin’s support services and learn about Australian culture.
How you can get involved
Why get involved?
- Participation is free.
- You can choose the activities you want to participate in.
- It’s a great opportunity to sharpen your English language skills.
- You’ll learn more about Australian lifestyle and culture.
- You'll make new friends at your campus.
- You’ll learn more about where to seek specific help at Deakin.
- You’ll begin to develop social networks both at Deakin and in your wider community.