What is the Elite Athlete Program?
Deakin University is a proud member of the EA Education Network (EAEN) and our Elite Athlete Program offers support and benefits to student athletes in a range of ways. These vary from academic assistance and course flexibility to financial support and gym access.
If you have sporting commitments or conflicts, we can help you negotiate your assessment deadlines and attendance at lectures and tutorials. We can also:
- give you course and academic planning advice
- help you tailor your workload to your sports program
- help organise a leave of absence if you have increased sporting commitments
- organise for you to study at other universities or online while you’re travelling for training or competition
- support you with special consideration, class attendance and exam relocations
- help with reminders for important dates, for example re-application and census dates.
The Deakin University Elite Athlete Program also has several other benefits for elite student athletes while studying, including yearly DeakinACTIVE gym membership and financial support through the Elite Athlete Sports Grants.