Andrea North-Samardzic is a Lecturer in the Department of Management in Deakin Business School. Andrea has been in academia for over 16 years, teaching at universities in Australia and overseas consistently receiving excellent student evaluations. She is currently the Course Director of the Master of Leadership and is actively involved in industry-based Executive Education.
Andrea received her PhD (Organisation & Management) from UNSW, with her research published in peer-reviewed journals. A regular presenter at international conferences, her areas of expertise include leadership, educational technologies, biometrics and ethics. Andrea has successfully obtained external research grants from the Arts Centre Melbourne, the Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation, and the Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management.Read more on Andrea's profile
- Learning Technologies
- Member, Academy of Management.
- Member, Biometrics Institute.
- Member, Association of Information Systems.
- Organisational Behaviour
- Bhattacharya, S., Cohen, M., Edwards, G. and North-Samardzic A., 'Charisma: beyond love and hate and toward a sense of belonging?', Under review, Journal of Management & Organisations.
- Le, H., Newman, A., Cohen, M. and North-Samardzic, A., 'Moral disengagement at work: A review and research agenda', Revise and resubmit, Journal of Business Ethics.
- North-Samardzic, A., 'The ethics of biometric technology', Revise and resubmit, Journal of Business Ethics.
- North-Samardzic, A. and De Witt, M., 'Designing a people management simulation for student engagement', Revise and resubmit, Journal of Management Education.
- North-Samardzic, A., 'Audience evaluation and biometric technology: Challenges and opportunities', Revisions underway, Poetics.
- .North-Samardzic, A., 'Dispersed leadership and collaborative networks', Working paper.
- Patterson, N. and North-Samardzic, A., 'Supporting older people who are disadvantaged with increased access to work through Deakin Professional Credentials', $50,000 Grant received from the Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation, 2018.
J Billsberry, A North-Samardzic
(2016), Vol. 15, pp. 1-13, Journal of leadership education, [unknown], C1
M Cohen, A North-Samardzic
(2016), pp. 273-288, Integrating curricular and co-curricular endeavours to enhance student outcomes, Bingley, Eng., B1
A North-Samardzic, B Jiang
(2015), pp. 1-13, AMCIS 2015 : Blue Ocean IS Research : Proceedings of the Americas Conference on Information Systems 2015, Puerto Rico, E1
Stefano Za, Paolo Spagnoletti, Andrea North-Samardzic
(2014), Vol. 45, pp. 1023-1035, British journal of educational technology, Chichester, England, C1
A North-Samardzic, L Taksa
(2011), pp. 196-216, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal, England, C1-1
A North-Samardzic, S Gregson
(2011), Vol. 66, pp. 279-301, Relations Industrielles, Canada, C1-1
S Benn, P Brown, A North-Samardzic
(2009), Vol. 90, pp. 1655-1662, Journal of Environmental Management, United Kingdom, C1-1
(2009), Vol. 20, pp. 59-76, The Economics and Labour Relations Review, United Kingdom, C1-1
M Lyons, A North-Samardzic, A Young
(2007), Vol. 14, pp. 99-110, Agenda: a journal of policy analysis and reform, Acton, A.C.T., C1-1
A North-Samardzic, J Crawford
(2005), pp. 1-13, ANZAM 2005 : Proceedings of the 19th Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Canberra, Australia, E1-1
Funded Projects at Deakin
Industry and Other Funding
Innovation and networks in arts organisations
Dr Andrea North-Samardzic
- 2016: $7,000
Supporting older people who are disadvantaged with increased access to work through Deakin Professional Credentials
Dr Nick Patterson, Adj/Prof Marcus Bowles, Dr Andrea North-Samardzic, Ms Jane Fahey, Ms Sophie Lanyon
- 2018: $50,000
No completed student supervisions to report