Dr Marion Steel is a Senior Lecturer and the Course Director of Bachelor of Commerce in the Department of Marketing in Deakin Business School. Marion currently researches business and social networks looking at the impacts on business performance and business relationships. Over the last 5 years, this research has applied in journal articles, teaching and Industry Engagement.
As a board member for the Australasian Promotional Products Association (APPA), Marion has contributed to the development of their educational strategy. She has also become aware of the gap between industry and student expectations that is affecting employability and recruitment in the sector and in the wider marketing sector. Marion uses this knowledge to design curriculum with knowledge and employability requirements.Read more on Marion's profile
- Best Reviewer, Higher Education, Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (ANZMAC), 2014.
- Highly Commended, Faculty Teaching Awards, 2017.
- Team Teaching Award, RMIT College of Business, 2012.
- Teaching Excellence, RMIT University, 2010.
- Business Networks
- Customer Relationships
- Industrial Marketing
- Member, Board of Directors Australasian Promotional Products Association (APPA).
- Member, American Marketing Association (AMA).
- Work Integrated Learning
- Business Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Business networks
- Customer relationship management
- Marketing Education and work-based learning
K Griffiths, F Kopanidis, M Steel
(2018), Vol. 26, pp. 92-98, Australasian Marketing Journal, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
A Dobele, M Steel, T Cooper
(2015), Vol. 33, pp. 1087-1102, Marketing intelligence and planning, Bingley, Eng., C1-1
A Dobele, K Westberg, M Steel, K Flowers
(2014), Vol. 23, pp. 145-159, Business strategy and the environment, London, Eng., C1-1
M Steel, C Dubelaar, M Ewing
(2013), Vol. 42, pp. 1328-1344, Industrial marketing management, New York, N. Y., C1-1
I Walker, Y Tsarenko, P Wagstaff, I Powell, M Steel, J Brace-Govan
(2009), Vol. 31, pp. 253-263, Journal of marketing education, Thousand Oaks, Calif., C1-1
Funded Projects at Deakin
No Funded Projects at Deakin found
No completed student supervisions to report