Deakin Sport Management Alumni
To provide a relevant and vibrant alumni community for sport management graduates and professionals to further enhance their careers and personal development.
About the chapter
Staying in touch with your university colleagues through the Sport Management Alumni Chapter is a great way to maintain or renew friendships, and provides professional networking opportunities to further your career. Alumni members also remain connected to the Deakin community and are kept abreast of important developments taking place at their alma mater. Other benefits to members include access to professional development seminars, guest speaker forums and networking and social events.
Dates for 2015 events
- Tuesday 21 April 2015: Networking and Awards Night – Deakin University Melbourne City Centre
- Tuesday 27 October 2015: End of Year Function – venue to be confirmed
Other professional development and networking events will be confirmed in 2015
- Kate Bidwel, Catalyst Consulting & Events
- Georgie Herbert, AFL Players' Association
- Joel Morrison, Cricket Australia
- Tim Murdoch, Netball Victoria
- Dr Adam Karg, Course Director (Undergraduate Sport Management) Deakin University
- Associate Professor Pamm Phillips, Course Director (Postgraduate Sport Management) Deakin University
Deakin Sport Management
Deakin's Sport Management programs are designed to provide students and future managers with skills to work in the business of sport. Our courses cover the financial, promotional, managerial, legal and other aspects of sport as a business. You will learn the skills required to work in bodies that conduct sporting competitions and major events, community programs that encourage participation in sport, and organisations that support sporting competitions such as sporting goods manufacturers and retailers, sports promoters, facility designers and managers, and player managers and agents.
Deakin Sport Management Alumni Chapter Office
221 Burwood Highway
Burwood Vic 3125