Help inform our research
Industry plays a significant role informing our research activity and project-based learning. We strive to integrate global and commercial challenges in our students' problem-solving cases. With our partners, we take a contemporary approach to addressing food industry problems.
Our business aim is to provide sustainable solutions for customers: to deliver increased agricultural productivity, regional competitiveness and build resilience. We also want to learn how best to meet the needs of vulnerable communities when humanitarian crises occur.
Gain access to specialist expertise
By partnering with us, you gain access to specialised expertise that can be difficult to source elsewhere. Our centre is set up to attract a new generation of academics closely aligned with new-thinking paradigms and creative, sound business practices.
Connect with us from anywhere
It’s important we connect with rural industries and communities. We do this by developing digital learning environments that deliver research inputs/outputs and provide valuable learning outcomes. This enables us to connect our rural and regional partners with some of the highest-achieving postgraduate students in Australia.
Join our broad and diverse global network
Due to the multidisciplinary nature of our work, we collaborate with a broad cross-section of partners and stakeholders. These currently include:
Private sector and industry groups
- Romar Engineering Pty Ltd
- Minifab Pty Ltd
- Alkaloids of Australia Pty Ltd
- Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation (RIRDC)
- Cotton Research and Development Corporation (CRDC)
- Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC)
- Department of Agriculture (Commonwealth)
- Department of Primary Industries (NSW)
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP, VIC)
- Gippsland Local Government Network
- Moro Shire Council
- Southern Grampians Shire Council
- Riverina Local Land Services
Community, philanthropic and not-for-profit sectors
- Murrumbidgee Irrigation
- National Foundation for Medical Research and Innovation (NFMRI)
- Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR)
- The Energy Research Institute (TERI)
Centre for Regional and Rural Futures (CeRFF)
+61 3 5247 9265
75 Pigdons Road
Waurn Ponds VIC 3216