Applications open Tuesday 28 August 2018.
Applications close Tuesday 8 January 2019 5pm.
This scholarship is available for the normal duration of your course.
- 100% of your tuition fees
- additional $4000 per year and an English language course (granted on a needs basis)
- recipients will be supported to complete study skills training.
To be eligible you must be:
- an International student who holds a Temporary Protection visa (TPV) or a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV) or be an asylum seeker on Bridging Visa A (BVA) or E (BVE)
- a student commencing your on campus (located) studies in Trimester 1 2019 at Deakin University
- studying full time in a bachelor degree
- eligible for entry into a bachelor degree at Deakin University
Preference will be given to students undertaking their first undergraduate bachelor degree.
Special conditions apply for the scholarship:
- The applicant must apply for course admission before their scholarship application can be assessed. Any scholarship offer will be conditional on receiving a course offer, acceptance and enrolment into an undergraduate degree course in 2019.
- The recipient must satisfy all requirements for admission into an undergraduate degree.
- This scholarship is for bachelor level studies only.
- Recipients will be required to attend study skills training sessions.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred or intermitted.
- Payment is subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- Holders of this scholarship must inform Deakin immediately when their visa changes.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct Document type - 'Deakin Sanctuary Scholarship only - Evidence of your visa and applicant statement' when you upload your documents - it will make a difference.
If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Supporting documentation should include:
- a copy of your visa
- statement of recommendation from a school or community leader (not a family member)
- other referee statements which could support your application
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply direct to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.
For further information please email the Deakin Scholarship's Office.