Applications open Tuesday 28 August 2018.
Applications close Tuesday 8 January 2019 5pm.
This scholarship is available for 1 year.
- DUSA Gold membership 2019
Your choice of items up to the value of $3000:
- iPad, tablet or laptop (three laptop options available)
- prescribed text books (for enrolled units) supplied through the DUSA Bookshop
- travel assistance (annual general parking permit/public transport/MYKI/fuel voucher)
- Deakin Card which can be used for services such as printing, photocopying, binding and food purchases.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a currently enrolled (continuing) student, enrolled full time in an undergraduate Bachelor or postgraduate Masters (Course Work) degree in a Commonwealth supported place
- be able to demonstrate a combination of financial and social or geographical disadvantage
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 50.
If you are successful, you are required to provide a written statement in Trimester 1, 2019 highlighting the impact receiving this support has had on you personally and the potential benefit on your studies during the year for a case study and/or reporting purposes.
To apply for this scholarship, you must supply:
- evidence of any hardship you are experiencing
- details of your living arrangements and employment (must include your annual income)
- details of assets and savings (bank accounts etc.)
- evidence of Centrelink income
- confirmation of enrolment from Deakin University.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply direct to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.