HEPPP Retention and Support Scholarship
If you're currently studying an undergraduate bachelor's degree at Deakin and experiencing financial hardship, consider applying for this scholarship. Financial support can help you focus on achieving academic success in your studies.
Value and duration
Cash payment up to $2,500
12 February 2018
2 March 2018 5pm
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be commencing or currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree in a Commonwealth supported place at Deakin in Trimester 1 2018
- be enrolled full time
- be able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold ($55 874), depending on independence status and experiencing an area of hardship
- not already hold a bachelor degree
- not have already received a Work Integrated Learning Study Support scheme payment or other scholarship, equal to or greater than $2500 in 2018.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
How to write a successful application:
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
The supporting documentation required is evidence of your financial hardship
Make sure you choose the correct Document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You’ll find out if you were successful within four weeks after applications close.