Financial Assistance for students
If you are experiencing financial difficulties we are here to help. We offer a range of services such as interest-free loans and financial counselling.
Interest free student loans, for study related expenses, are available to students who are in financial need.
Other financial assistance
COVID-19 Financial Assistance Scheme
In response to the changing environment due to the COVID-19 pandemic Deakin has developed a support scheme for students in need. To find out more and apply, visit the COVID-19 Financial Assistance Scheme page.
The following options can help you plan a budget and provide advice on managing university costs:
Deakin provides a range of scholarships designed to assist students in need. If you are experiencing financial or other hardship consider applying for a Deakin scholarship. You the Find a scholarship tool to help find a scholarship suitable to you..
The International Student Support team provides advice, support and encouragement to international students on a range of matters.
- Centrelink assistance for Deakin postgraduate students - find out if your course is approved
- Centrelink - Managing your money (opens new window)
- Austudy - eligibility requirements, claiming etc (opens new window)
- Student Update Facebook page (opens new window)
- Department of Human Services - RentAssist bond loan (opens new window)
- Budget planner (MoneySmart) (opens new window)
Contact a Financial Assistance Officer.
Submit an enquiry
- Monday - Friday : 8:30am to 8pm
- Saturday : 10am to 2pm