Financial Assistance for students
If you are experiencing financial difficulties we are her to help. We offer a range of services such as interest-free loans, emergency Essential and Myki cards and other support options.
Interest free student loans, for study related expenses, are available to students who are in financial need.
Other financial assistance
- Natural disaster grants
- Rural Clinical Support Scheme
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Student Support Scheme
Emergency cards for food and transport costs are available by contacting the Financial Assistance office on the details on this page or through any StudentCentral.
The following options can help you plan a budget and provide advice on managing university costs:
DUSA survival centre
DUSA's Student Survival Centre (opens new window) is a free one-stop shop for any student who is finding it hard financially or needing emergency supplies. Students in need of a helping hand are welcome to collect items, no questions asked.
Deakin provides a range of scholarships designed to assist students in need. If you are experiencing financial or other hardship consider applying for a Deakin scholarship. You the Find a scholarship tool to help find a scholarship suitable to you..
The International Student Support team provides advice, support and encouragement to international students on a range of matters.
- Centrelink assistance for Deakin postgraduate students - find out if your course is approved
- Centrelink - Managing your money (opens new window)
- Austudy - eligibility requirements, claiming etc (opens new window)
- Student Update Facebook page (opens new window)
- Department of Human Services - RentAssist bond loan (opens new window)
- Budget planner (MoneySmart) (opens new window)
Contact a Financial Assistance Officer.
Submit an enquiry
- Monday - Friday : 8:30am to 8pm
- Saturday : 10am to 2pm