Financial Assistance for students
If you are experiencing financial difficulties we are here to help. We offer a range of services such as interest-free loans and financial counselling.
Interest free student loans, for study related expenses, are available to students who are in financial need.
Natural disaster grants
A natural disaster grant and support package, is available to students who have been adversely impacted by a natural event such as bushfires, floods, earthquake etc.
Assistance for placements
For information on community and food assistance visit Community support and food relief.
If you are an international student not living in Victoria, please use the following form:
If you are an international student currently living in Victoria, please use the following form:
The following resources can help you plan a budget, provide assistance for your savings and give advice on managing university costs:
Tertiary Access Payment
The Tertiary Access Payment is a payment of up to $5,000, designed to help eligible students with the cost of moving to study.
If you've just completed Year 12 and from a regional or remote home location, consider applying for this payment. For information visit Services Australia's Tertiary Access Payment.
Deakin provides a range of scholarships designed to assist students in need. If you are experiencing financial or other hardship consider applying for a Deakin scholarship. Use the Find a scholarship tool to help find a scholarship for you.
- Centrelink assistance for Deakin postgraduate students - find out if your course is approved
- Centrelink - Managing your money (opens new window)
- Austudy - eligibility requirements, claiming etc (opens new window)
- Student Update Facebook page (opens new window)
- Department of Human Services - RentAssist bond loan (opens new window)
- Budget planner (MoneySmart) (opens new window)
- Support services for students impacted by COVID-19
- Study Melbourne (www.studymelbourne.vic.gov.au)
- Brotherhood of St Laurence Saver Plus
Submit an online enquiry
- Monday - Thursday 8:30am to 7pm
- Friday 8.30am to 6pm
- Saturday 10am to 2pm